Top Ten Tuesday (#45)

Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature created by The Broke and the Bookish!

This week's topic is Top Ten Books I Feel Differently About After Time Has Passed!


1. Allegiant by Veronica Roth

This one, when I initially got done with it, I loved it. It made me bawl like such a baby and any book that can make me cry is a good book to me! But when I started to really think about it, I realized I didn't really like this book all that much. It felt like a completely different book from the rest of the series. I felt like basically the only things that this book had from the rest of the series were the characters and I hated it.


2. Ice Like Fire by Sara Raasch

This is another one that I really liked initially. I don't really dislike this book now, but now that I think back on it, it really wasn't as exciting as I made it out to be.


3. The Boy in the Striped Pajamas by John Boyne

For this one, my opinion changed really fast. As soon as the audiobook got over I was like, "Woah, that was awesome." Then, about two seconds later, I changed my mind. The ending didn't have the same shock value as the movie did and the main character was FAR less enjoyable in the book because he just struck me as stupid! I know he's a nine-year-old boy, but STILL!


4. The Murder Complex by Lindsay Cummings

This one I originally liked. But I absolutely HATED the sequel with a passion. And after reading that book, I realized that I couldn't remember ANYTHING about this book. So it must not have been very memorable.


5. The Girl From Everywhere by Heidi Heilig

This one I didn't really like when I read it. I was confused. I didn't understand a lot of why the characters did what they did. But I thought maybe it would be fun to read the second one and maybe things will clear up for me. But now, a couple of months later, I just don't care if I read anything else in this series or not.


6. The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin

This is one that I liked in the beginning, but as the series progressed, I steadily started to like it less and less. And now I'm almost sad that I even bothered to finish it.


7. Twilight by Stephenie Meyer

I LOVED this book in high school. I bought all the books as they came out and everyone in school wanted to borrow them (which, in hindsight, was a bad idea because I never got any of them back). I liked the first movie, but I absolutely detested the New Moon movie and ever since that movie, my enchantment with this series has just kind of gone away.


8. City of Bones by Cassandra Clare

If this series had just been a trilogy, I think that I would have liked it. But I hated books 4-6. Especially City of Heavenly Fire. That ruined Cassandra Clare and Shadowhunters in general for me.


9. Looking For Alaska by John Green

This was my first John Green book. I really enjoyed it as I read it! But then I read the rest of his books and I liked them a little bit less with each book as I realized that ALL OF THE CHARACTERS WERE EXACTLY THE SAME!


10. In Real Life by Jessica Love

This one I did enjoy. But maybe not quite as much as my review would have you think. I gave it 5 stars. I think I was riding a super cute book high when I wrote that because thinking back, I don't think I liked it QUIIIIITE that much!

What are some books that you feel differently about now that time has passed? Do we share any books on our lists?

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan