Top Ten Tuesday (#54)

Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature created by The Broke and the Bookish!

This week's topic is a rewind! So I'm going to do the topic from February 8th, 2011! The topic was Top Ten Characters or Literary Figures I'd Name My Children After!

I was recently thinking about doing a discussion like this because sometimes the BF and I talk about what we'd name our kids if we ever had them. And we never agree. But I think a top ten Tuesday will be a better place for this list!

I like this topic because my mom got my name out of a book.

Boys:


Callum
The Name of the Star by Maureen Johnson

This is my favorite boy name ever. I don't know why, but I love it so much. The BF HATES this name for some reason and it's most of the reason why we disagree when it comes to discussing potential future baby names.

Honorable mention: I also read this name in the Scartlett Wakefield series by Lauren Henderson


Liam
The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken

This is my second choice for favorite boy name. This is one that the BF can live with. And I definitely had to include The Darkest Minds in this list somehow.


Ronan
The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater


Alex
Delirium by Lauren Oliver


Oliver
Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling

Girls:


Amberly
The Selection by Kiera Cass


Emilia
Salt to the Sea by Ruta Sepetys


Celaena
Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas


Sansa
Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin


Arden
Eve by Anna Carey

Have you had children that you named after book characters? What book characters would you name your future children after?

4 comments:

  1. I've always loved Oliver as a name, though I haven't none any nice ones in real life sadly! And I think Ronan might become a popular pick haha I haven't even read the series and I like it. I'm trying to think of a name I recently loved and am drawing a blank. But I love The Magicians so probably Quentin :)

    Liselle @ Lunch-Time Librarian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quentin was a popular book inspired name on all the lists that I looked at! I like that one too, but I don't remember if I've read any books with that name in it! I really like Ronan more and more the more I think about it!

      Delete
  2. Love this list! My coach is actually named Amberley (she changed her name from a previous one) and I always kind of thought it was a made up name so it's cool to see that on the list! If I was to choose a name from a book... I'd probably go for an unusual one as I have an unusual name. Tavi, Arin, Skerren are some I really like... I also really like the names Elend and Marasi from Mistborn but those might be TOO odd?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's cool that your coach's name is Amberly! I love unusual names too! But having lived 25 years on this planet with an unpronouncable and unusual name, any name I give my future children will have to be, at the very least, easy to pronounce. I don't want to give them my legacy of having to pronounce their names six times to people and then still just have to accept that they'll never get it! Haha!

      Delete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan