Down the TBR Hole (#3)

Sunday, January 22, 2017



Down the TBR Hole is a meme type thing started by Imaginary Places on Paper to help cut down your Goodreads TBR.

This is how it works:

  • Go to your goodreads to-read shelf.
  • Order on ascending date added.
  • Take the first 5 (or 10 if you’re feeling adventurous) books
  • Read the synopses of the books
  • Decide: keep it or should it go?
Repeat this every week until your TBR is cleaned off!

Here is the next set of books I have to decide on!


Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
Outlander #1

This is one that I am definitely looking forward to reading. I have a copy of this one, but it's mass market and I don't really like mass market paperbacks. But I really want to watch this tv show and my mom keeps telling me I have to read this series.

Verdict: Keep


Ready Player One by Ernest Cline

I feel like I'm not as excited about this book as I was when I first heard about it. I still think it sounds interesting, but I'm probably not going to go out of my way to read it. I have a friend who has it so if I really get the urge, maybe I'll borrow it from them. But also maybe not.

Verdict: Remove


Glass Sword by Victoria Aveyard
Red Queen #2

I don't know why I haven't read this one yet. I have so many 2016 books sitting on my shelf that I ordered and never read yet. I also have been kind of spoiled for this book and that's probably part of why I haven't read it yet. But I loved Red Queen and am excited to read this sequel.

Verdict: Keep


Confess by Colleen Hoover

I have read one Colleen Hoover book before and I quite liked it, but after the recent stuff on Twitter about her books, I'm not as excited about them anymore. I got a few of her books because I wanted to read some more NA stuff, but I also prefer healthier relationships in my books. I'll still probably read the ones that I have, but depending on what I see when I read them, I might not go out of my way to read anything else by her.

Verdict: Remove


Never Never by Colleen Hoover and Tarryn Fisher
Never Never #1


Never Never Part Two by Colleen Hoover and Tarryn Fisher
Never Never #2


Hopeless by Colleen Hoover
Hopeless #1

Probably won't go out of my way to read these, but they do sound good. If I get a wild hair I might, but like I said, I'm just not as excited about them as I was before.

Verdict: Remove


A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab
Shades of Magic #1

I have heard nothing but good things about Schwab's writing so I really need to get around to reading this. I have a few of her books and I haven't read any of them. As I write these posts out, it really makes me feel like a book hoarder when I say, "Yeah, I have this book, but I haven't read it."

Verdict: Keep


Remembrance by Meg Cabot
The Mediator #7

I LOVED the Mediator series. I am so sad that I donated all of my books to a used bookstore because now that this book is out I want to reread them. I am so excited about this one!!

Verdict: Keep


Strange and Ever After by Susan Dennard
Something Strange and Deadly #3

I have signed copies of this whole trilogy from a signing I went to last year that I need to get to! Everyone seems to love this series and it doesn't feel as hyped as Truthwitch so maybe I should read these ASAP to get myself more psyched to read Windwitch.

Verdict: Keep

Total after last post: 430
Total at start of this post: 433
Total after removals: 428

What are your thoughts on the books that I decided to keep or remove this week? Have you read any of these?

4 comments:

  1. THIS IS SUCH AN AMAZING IDEA OH MY GOSH! I am defs going to be trying this out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been somewhat handy, but I feel like everytime I go on Goodreads and delete some books, I find like 6 more to add. Haha!

      Delete
  2. Okay, what happened with Colleen Hoover?!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw on Twitter where someone was reading one of her books and was sharing snippets of the hideously unhealthy relationship in the book. Like how the guy was feeling toward the girl was like abusive/creepy/whatever. And how apparently a lot of her books feature really unhealthy relationships. I have only read one book. I did really enjoy it, but I can see where the relationship was not a good one. It's not like a HUGE deal, but if I was going to champion something in the book community, I would be pushing for healthy relationships in books. So it makes me sad that her books are like that. And I have the one that was being talked about and I'm not even excited to read it anymore.

      Delete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan