January 2017 Wrap Up

Thursday, February 2, 2017

Read:

          

1. Freeks by Amanda Hocking

2. Empress of A Thousand Skies by Rhoda Belleza

3. The Truth Against the World by Sarah Jamila Stevenson


4. The Professional by Kresley Cole

Favorite of the Month: Freeks by Amanda Hocking

Least Favorite of the Month: Empress of a Thousand Skies by Rhoda Belleza

4/75

---

Book Haul:

Dreamland Burning by Jennifer Latham
ARC

Wayfarer by Alexandra Bracken
Hardcover

The Truth Against the World by Sarah Jamila Stevenson
Paperback

Windwitch by Susan Dennard
Hardcover

Unhooked by Lisa Maxwell
Hardcover

Letters to the Lost by Brigid Kemmerer
ARC

Carve the Mark by Veronica Roth
Hardcover

Cruising Altitude by Heather Poole
Paperback

Total: 8

---

Reviewed:

Caraval by Stephanie Garber
The Truth Against the World by Sarah Jamila Stevenson
Freeks by Amanda Hocking
After the Woods by Kim Savage
RoseBlood by A.G. Howard
Wayfarer by Alexandra Bracken

---

In My Corner of the Blogosphere:

I posted by End of the Year Survery for 2016.
I talked about my 16 favorite books I read in 2016.
I shared some bookish aesthetics I made.
I showed off my 16 favorite book covers of 2016.
I talked about some of the history in Passenger by Alexandra Bracken.
I participated in Multicultural Children's Book Day and shared a recipe for fish and chips.

---

What's New With Me?

So, for all of you who read this part of my wrap up posts and actually care what's going on in my life, I'm sorry that I haven't written one of these posts since November or December. I just didn't want to write one.

Really, nothing interesting has happened in my life since my last wrap up post.

I turned 26 on November 30th and got kicked off my dad's health insurance. I can't get health insurance through my work because I'm only part time. I can't become full time unless things pick up, which is not looking promising right now.

I also can't afford marketplace health insurance. It would be like $223 a month. Lol, I WISH I had $223 a month extra to spend! When I filled out the application though, they told me I qualified for an exemption so hopefully I can figure that out so I don't get totally screwed over next year when I do my taxes. I don't know how this stuff works. I'm over this adulting crap already.

I have not been able to work a full week at my job since the week before Christmas. I went on a trip in the beginning of January, but besides that, the weather here has been HORRIBLE and has prevented me from making it to work entirely too much. 

Living in the country is not my idea of a good time. Seriously, we don't get mail delivered out here, there are no school kids on my road, the plows basically just forget that we're here until they have every other road in the universe plowed first.

I got to go visit my mom in Indiana for a few days. It was only the second time that I've ever flown and it was kind of a blast. I don't know why I enjoyed flying so much?? But I kind of want to do more of it??

The only real problem I had on my trip besides the fact that my sister and I didn't get to sit together at all on the way to Indiana was on the final flight, I started to feel really sick. We took of from Minneapolis for Indianapolis and apparently we had trouble with our de-icing system or something and were gonna go through icy conditions. So we had to turn around and go back to Minneapolis and get a different plane. And we were too heavy to land so we had to fly in circles for like half an hour to burn off some fuel.

But when we finally landed in Indy, it was like 60 degrees and I thought I was gonna die of happiness! It was like 2 degrees the whole time that I was gone and it was above freezing the whole time we were there and I loved it. I want to go back. My mom lives on some lake in Indiana and it is SO BEAUTIFUL THERE?! I WANT TO LIVE THERE TOO.

I joined a secret santa exchange with my sister's work friends and we did the exchange when we got back from Indiana. One of the gifts I got for the guy I drew was a pair of fuzzy socks. I was so pumped that I found a pack of manly fuzzy socks that I had to put a pair in the gift. He was so impressed with them, he like passed them around the room so everyone could feel how soft they were. Haha!

The guy who got me, got me Fred and George Funko Pops! I was so jazzed about them! They're so cute!

Also since my last wrap up post update, I finally caught up on Game of Thrones. Spoiler alert: I am seriously so glad that Ramsay finally got what was coming to him. Oh my GOD, what a PRICK!!

I also watched all six seasons of The Walking Dead on DVD. I was hoping that Netflix or Hulu or Amazon streaming would have season 7 on there, but alas, they do not. I already watched the major spoiler for the first episode of season 7 and now I'm ticked off that I can't watch the whole episode.

I got accepted to join round six of the OTSP Secret Sister thing! I'm so excited. At the last minute, I decided to only do the $5-$10 tier and I wish I would have chosen a higher one. Haha. It's hard to just spend $10!! If my sister is reading this... HIII!!!! :)

I am really hoping that my tax return comes through soon because my car loan place sucks. I accidentally sent them the wrong check. I sent them my phone payment check. So I called and asked what they were gonna do with it, so I would know if I should send the difference or a whole new payment and they said they would destroy that check and I could send a new one... AND THEY PUT BOTH CHECKS THROUGH! A*holes. I needed that extra $70, but YOU CAN HAVE IT! I'm gonna call them before I mail my next check to see if I can just send the difference. So annoying.

I also had to take my cat to the vet. That cost me $88. The medicine is gone and the problem isn't solved. At least it doesn't seem to bother him what the consistency of his poo is, but it bothers me and I want it fixed.

And the check engine light came on in my car.

I weep for my wallet right now.

That's about all that's new with me! Hopefully February will be a good month. Probably not though, what with the horrors going on in our country. Ugh.

---

Looking Ahead:

I haven't got a lot planned for February. The BF wants to get away for the weekend so we're going to the Black Hills this weekend to go to the stock show. IDK, I think there's rodeos and you can wander around looking at people's prized animals or something? Never been there, never had the desire. But there's a bookstore and a Starbucks so yeah. I'll go.

TBR:

Wintersong by S. Jae-Jones
Letters to the Lost by Brigid Kemmerer
The Valiant by Lesley Livingston
Dreamland Burning by Jennifer Latham
Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor

---

How was the beginning of 2017 for you? Looking forward to anything fun in February?





No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan