What I've Been Up To Lately Because It Sure Hasn't Been Blogging

Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Hey everyone! I don't know if any of you have been going about in your day to day life thinking, "Hmmm... Cyra hasn't posted on her blog lately, I wonder what the deal is?" Proabably not, but I am here to tell you anyway.

The short answer is that I have been lazy and unmotivated. I just feel like slacking off.

The long answer is, there have actually been some things going on in my life lately!

1. Calving time on the ranch. There have been lots and lots of baby calves being born everyday lately. Usually, the BF and his mom (and sometimes me if I'm not smart and come home too soon on sorting days) sort the cows every two weeks. Keep the ones that are close to calving close to home and put the rest of the herd back out in the pasture.


Well, it's been about three weeks since they sorted and there are already like 40 calves born out in the pasture. Usually they get tagged right after they're born because they're still unsteady on their little legs and can't run away from you. But these ones are not gonna like being caught and tagged.


So yeah, that will be fun. But I can go out there and video the angry mama cows being angry about their calves being tagged, so that makes things better.

2. I had to go to a funeral for one of the BF's cousins. It pretty much sucked.

If you're like me and are kinda nosy and get curious when you read things like that, I will tell you what happened. First of all, he was only 28. They think that on like the 11th, he was riding his bicycle home from class and must have lost control and fell off a 20-foot drop into a creek. From what I understand, he wasn't in the water, so I don't think he drowned or anything. And he didn't get found until the 16th. No one knows where he was staying so no one knew to miss him.

He was kind of a weird guy. When he stayed on the ranch for awhile last year or the year before, he came down to my house a lot and just generally got on my nerves. So if the BF wasn't home, I would lock the door and pretend to be taking a shower when he would come over. I was never actually mean to him, but now when people are reminiscing about their good memories of him, that's all I think about and I feel kind of guilty about it.

He was a really nice guy, but just too weird for me.

3. I was sick for three days. And not just general "I kinda don't feel good today" sick. I was actually SICK. I tried to go to work two of those days, but I left after two hours and on the third day I called in. I basically just laid on the couch in misery for three days. But I did get a LOT of Gilmore Girls watched.

I don't know if I like it yet or not and I'm already most of the way through season two. I think that the way they talk is obnoxious. Like they can't have a serious conversation without saying one ridiculous/nonsensical thing and it bugs the crap out of me.

Also, I had my mind blown one day because I realized that the guy who plays Jess is the same guy who plays the dad on This Is Us. I knew the thing with his lip looked familiar but I couldn't place it until I was creeping Mandy Moore's social media for TDM set pictures.

4. I have kittens AND baby chicks at my house!

The kittens were born like March 27th, I think?? They're getting big and adventurous now and I love it so much. But I'm probably going to have to find them homes before too long and it makes me sad.


They live in a little shelter I made on my back porch. And now they're exploring the deck more and I have a board missing off of it so that my outside kitty can go under it for shelter if she so desires and they keep falling in it and meowing sadly because they're too little to get out.

I keep going out there and getting them out because they sound so sad, but they never learn. So I decided that it's mama kitty's problem now.

The chicks are a new addition to my household. In fact, I just discovered them today. Apparently the BF's mom decided that they needed to get chickens today and that my house was JUST the place to keep them. Which, it's fine because I told the BF that he had to clean out the box because he never asked me if that was okay. They're kinda fun to watch.


5. The BIGGEST reason I have been unmotivated to blog lately is...

BREATH OF THE WILD!!!

Oh my goodness, that game is ADDICTING! I love it so much! I probably played it everyday for over a month. I don't know how long it was, I wasn't keeping track because I was completely enthralled by that game!

I did decide that it was time to take a break though because I wasn't as motivated to think things out and found myself looking things up without giving the puzzles much thought. And WHERE is the fun in that?!

I got all the Divine Beasts and all the memories (THAT FINAL MEMORY THOUGH). I am working on trying to get all the Shrines now and then I'm gonna try and do all the side quests and upgrade all the clothes. Then maybe I'll be ready to defeat Calamity Ganon.

Funny story: My sister is dating a guy named Gavin. Last time I was home, my sister and I spent a lot of time talking about Breath of the Wild and she also talked a lot about Gavin. And at one point, she said Calamity Gavin and neither one of us batted an eye. We kinda realized that sounded wrong like a minute later. I thought it was hilarious and changed his name in my phone to that.

So yeah, those are basically all the reasons I have been kind of MIA from the blog lately.

I have decided that I will use May to kind of build up posts to start publishing MAYBE at the end of May, but probably starting June first. Just in time for my two year blogoversary on the 3rd! Maybe I'll have a sudden burst of inspiration and start sooner, but who knows!

I have noticed that my most recent posts all have like 250-300+ views on them and that makes me so happy! I love you all! :')

What have you all been up to lately? Read anything exciting? Have anything fun going on in your lives? Let me know in the comments! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan