Top Ten Tuesday // Most Anticipated Reads for the Rest of 2019

Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Hello and welcome to my first Top Ten Tuesday in quite some time. I thought that this would be an easy topic to start back up with, but I then I spent like two hours scrolling through Goodreads, internally screaming WHAT DO I DESPERATELY WANT TO READ?! I think that since I was last blogging regularly, my tastes in books have changed and now I don't even know what I want to read anymore.

So, this ended up being harder than I ever would have expected it to be, but I discovered some cool new books on Goodreads in the process, so whatever.

If you are unfamiliar with Top Ten Tuesday, you can find more information or prompts here.

Anyway, here is my carefully curated list of books I am very excited about for the rest of the year.


1. The Never Tilting World by Rin Chupeco
The Never Tilting World #1


After reading (and endlessly adoring) The Heart Forger last year, Rin Chupeco easily became probably my #2 auto-buy author. I am so excited for more Chupeco books and even more excited that I will get TWO of her books in one year. #blessed


2. Rage by Cora Carmack
Stormheart #2


Despite the fact that I thought that the romance in this book was kinda gross and icky, I am very excited for this sequel to come out this year. I think the storm magic in this book is so interesting and I am jazzed to see what happens next.


3. The Fountains of Silence by Ruta Sepetys


I love the way that Ruta Sepetys writes about little known pieces of history. Like, a year and a half ago now, I think, she came to South Dakota to speak at a college and I went and listened to her talk about Salt to the Sea and all the research she does for her books is so fascinating. I've only read one of her books so far, but I will buy anything she puts out.


4. The Bone Houses by Emily Lloyd-Jones

I didn't really like this author's last book that I tried reading, but since I am absolute trash for books about reanimated corpses, I am hopeful that this one will be good. I hope that it is good because I am EXCITED and I really like the cover.



5. Ninth House by Leigh Bardugo
Ninth House Series #1


Leigh Bardugo is another author where I will buy everything she writes. I am excited to read an adult book by her. Also, the hype for this one is REAL.


6. The Queen of Nothing by Holly Black
The Folk of the Air #3


I am so glad that this finale got pushed up to November because I have a mighty need to know what happens next. I think it's funny that this book ended up on my most anticipated reads list when the first book was one that I was vehemently against reading. I only picked it up because of a combination of the hype and also the fact that that particular day in Barnes and Noble is was looking at me from E V E R Y young adult book display in the whole store and I was like FINE, I WILL READ YOU. 


7. Call Down the Hawk by Maggie Stiefvater
Dreamer Trilogy #1

The Raven Boys was another book series that I was very surprised to have actually liked. It didn't sound like my cup of tea at all, but here I am... eagerly anticipating being able to go back to that world.



8. Capturing the Devil by Kerri Maniscalco
Stalking Jack the Ripper #4

I am so sad to see this series end! I have loved following Audrey Rose and Thomas Cresswell, but I am excited to see how it ends. I am excited about the particular serial killer they are hunting in this book! I can't wait to see what Kerri Maniscalco will come out with next.



9. Gideon the Ninth by Tamsyn Muir
The Ninth House #1


I don't really know all that much about this book, but I have seen a lot of people talking about this one. I briefly glanced at the synopsis, but I SLAMMED that Want To Read button just as soon as I saw the word necromancer. And I think it's about lesbian necromancers!


10. Bid My Soul Farewell by Beth Revis
Give the Dark My Love #2


I didn't LOVE Give the Dark My Love, there were a few things that I didn't like that much about it, but you bet your britches I am excited to see how it concludes. I almost forgot that this book was a thing! I haven't heard anything about it at all. Didn't know it even had a title, cover, release date til I just barely remembered it's existence before I finished this post. But like I said before... TRASH for books about reanimated corpses.

So, that concludes the books that I am excited for for the rest of this year! What books are you looking forward to? Are we looking forward to any of the same ones?

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan