Bookending Autumn 2019 #1 // Sweater Weather

Tuesday, October 1, 2019


Bookending Autumn is a quarterly event, running under the umbrella term “Bookend Events," aspiring to bring the book blogging community closer together! Bookending Autumn has a theme of fall/autumn and all things Halloween, but you DO NOT need to stick to this theme at all!

If you're curious about this event, here is a link to the announcement post.

The theme for the first day of Bookending Autumn is Sweater Weather!

The most basic of prompts for Day 1! It’s officially sweater weather, so break out those cardigans from the back of your closet. Name some books that make you feel warm and cozy, like a nice sweater in the fall.

I'm probably thinking too hard about this, but I don't know what a warm and cozy feeling from a book is so I am just picking books that give me a warm and FUZZY feeling. Which is basically just another way to say I'm listing some books that are my favorites in some way!


Well Met by Jen DeLuca

At the point of writing this post, Well Met was the most recent book that I read and I absolutely ADORED it. I'm not sure why exactly I loved it so much, but I did. It is definitely my favorite romance novel (let's just ignore the fact that I haven't read very many, hahahaha). I would die for Simon Graham.


The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken

If we're going by books that make me feel warm and fuzzy inside, can I really NOT include The Darkest Minds? My favorite book and series ever? I mean, at this point, it can probably just go without saying, but if I can convince someone new to my blog to read this series, the repetitiveness is worth it. :)


Delirium by Lauren Oliver

Delirium is the book that got me to be an avid reader. It's the first series I ever remember going hard on and binging like a boss. I was ready to leave my house at 2 am to go to Walmart to buy Pandemonium after binging this book. Requiem was the first book I ever preordered. It arrived a day early and I binged that one as fast as I could so I could say that I read it before the rest of the plebs could. It's the first time I ever remember being SO disappointed by the end of a series and the series that made me realize that I hate open endings. But I love it. I kinda want to do a reread of this series, but I'm terrified that I won't like it as much.


A Curse So Dark and Lonely by Brigid Kemmerer

I am including this one because Beauty and the Beast is my all time favorite Disney movie and I think that this book is probably my favorite retelling of it. Which is funny because when I picked it up, I really didn't think I was actually going to like it. I am SO ready for A Heart So Fierce and Broken! 


The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time by Akira Himekawa

This year I have really gotten into reading mangas, so I think it would be fitting to include a manga! And The Legend of Zelda is my all time favorite game franchise (and almost the only game franchise I even bother to play). AND before Breath of the Wild came out, Ocarina of Time was my favorite Zelda game so this particular manga was really fitting to include in this list. If you know the storyline of any of the games that have a manga, you really won't get a whole lot of new information from this, but the mangas give Link a personality, which I loved.

But I will THROW my money at Akira Himekawa if she ever comes out with a Breath of the Wild manga series. That game is my jam.

What are some books that make you feel warm and cozy like a fuzzy fall sweater?

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan