Dream Literary Collection

Sunday, November 15, 2015


I was recently contacted by Ryan from Invaluable.com to do a post on my dream literary collection. Invaulable is a website that specializes in auctions of collectible items. I was asked to peruse the antique books section and find some gems that I would LOVE to add to my bookshelf!

Here goes!

I have been a huge Dr. Seuss fan since I was little. I had a big, fat book full of Dr. Seuss stories that I remember taking with me to school to read at recess and I got made fun of by the other kids. They called me Dr. Seuss girl (oh no not that), which I believe I've mentioned before.

I found four Dr. Seuss books on there and the only one that I've actually heard of is How the Grinch Stole Christmas! I'd be so excited to get my hands on these bad boys!



1. How the Grinch Stole Chistmas - Current bid $600 - First Edition, First Printing, in a First Issue jacket
2. The Log of the Good Ship - Current bid $300 - First Edition
3. The Seven Lady Godivas - Current bid $375 - First Edition, First Printing, Signed by the author
4. And To Think That I Saw It On Mulberry Street - Signed by Seuss

***

I'm also a big fan of fairytales! I love them! So these Hans Christian Andersen books would be really cool to have as well! So would the Old French fairytales and the Peter Pan book!




1. Andersen (Hans Christian) - Fairytales - Current bid £100
2. Neilsen (Kay) - Andersen (Hans Christian) - Fairytales - Current bid £600 - Out of series copy from Edition de Luxe limited to 500 copies, signed by the artist but unnumbered
3. Andersen, Hans Christian Danish Fairy Legends and Tales - Current bid $450 - First Edition, One of the earliest translations of Andersen's Fairy Tales into english


1. Quiller-Couch - The Sleeping Beauty and other fairytales, from the Old French - Current bid £150 - Number 176 of 1000, signed by the artist


1. Peter Pan in Kensington Gardens - Current bid £750 - Number 214 of 500 signed by the artist

***

Then OF COURSE there's Harry Potter! Having this signed copy of The Goblet of Fire would be so super cool! I have been a Potter Head since I saw the first movie for my 11th birthday! So magical...


1. Stated first edition, signed by Rowling

So those are just a few of the fantastic collectible items that I would love to have on my bookshelf from invaluable.com! I actually found a lot more items than I really thought I was going to! 

What are some collectibles that you would like to have for your shelves?

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan