Top Ten Tuesday (#61) - Ten Books I've Read Because of Recommendations!

Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature created by The Broke and the Bookish!

This week's topic is all about recommendations! When I was thinking of books that have been recommended to me, I really couldn't think of all that many. And basically all the ones that I can think of are from Brittany.

So this list is basically 5 books recommended to me by Brittany, 1 recommended to me by my mom, and 4 that I read because the internet wouldn't stop talking about them.

Brittany's Recommendations:

          

     

1. Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo
2. Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo
3. Ruin and Rising by Leigh Bardugo
4. Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo
5. Dreamology by Lucy Keating

Mom's Recommendation:


6. Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling

My mom was the first person to recommend this book to me when I was like ten. I thought it was boring at first, but then I went to the movie with her for my 11th birthday (because she was so excited, how could I say no?) and a Potterhead was born.

Internet Recommendations:

          


7. Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas
8. Truthwitch by Susan Dennard
9. The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater
10. Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi

I probably could have listed all ten of these as books that I read because of various internet flails, but I wanted to include some recs from specific people. If I tried hard enough, I probably could have come up with ten books that I read because of Brittany too.

If you're looking for recs, here are three of mine:

1. The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken
2. Salt to the Sea by Ruta Sepetys
3. The Star-Touched Queen by Roshani Chokshi

What are some books that you recommend? What are some amazing books that have been recommended to you?



No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan