Biggest Disappointments of 2017

Thursday, January 18, 2018

As much as we wish that we could love every book we pick up, that isn't always the case. I definitely read some books in 2017 that just weren't for me. But this is a post for books that REALLY let me down.

I was super excited for the books on this list. They sounded amazing. They have beautiful covers. But they were just raging disappointments for me.


1. The Hazel Wood by Melissa Albert

This book sounded dark and creepy and generally fantastic. But I didn't really love the characters and the book as a whole was mostly unmemorable for me.


2. An Enchantment of Ravens by Margaret Rogerson

I think that this book would have been so amazing if there had been explanations or explorations of
----->A N Y T H I N G<-----
in it. Anything at all. I had like 9,000 questions when I finished this book.


3. The Goblins of Bellwater by Molly Ringle

I requested this one because it was NA and I wanted some smut in my life. There was a lot of sex.
...
...
...
But it was all off the page.


4. Empress of a Thousand Skies by Rhoda Belleza

How beautiful is this purple cover? Why couldn't I love the insides as much as the outside?
I felt like a lot of the action in this book that would have been interesting to read about happened off the page.


5. Wintersong by S. Jae-Jones

Now for the book that disappointed me the most last year...

Why, Wintersong? You were so promising. 

I absolutely hated Liesel. I hated the romance. I hated the way sex was used in this book as a way to make the protagonist feel like she has worth.

Why did I request Shadowsong? And why did they approve me?

I'm probably going to end up hate reading it, but maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Did you have any major disappointments last year? Did you dislike any of the same books as me?

6 comments:

  1. I 100% agree with the hazel wood and an enchantment of ravens, i think i gave them both 3 stars i was disappointed :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just keep thinking about how An Enchantment of Ravens could have been SO GOOD! It had so much potential! It's SO BEAUTIFUL! But alas...

      Delete
  2. My biggest dissapointment was The Love Interest I think. I had such high hopes for that one but nope. I read Goblins of Bellwater and it was not really for me either but I wanted to give it a chance anyway. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read The Love Interest, but I'm sorry it was disappointing for you! I wish I could have liked Goblins of Bellwater, but it just didn't do it for me!

      Delete
  3. I hadn't read any of these books but thanks for your honest opinions on their disappointment -- I appreciate the honesty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by! If you happen to read any of these books in the future, I hope you enjoy them more than I did!

      Delete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan