Book Nerd Bites (#3): The Girl Who Fell by Shannon M. Parker

Monday, September 26, 2016


Book Nerd Bites is an original monthly feature created by Becca, Cyra, Kristie, Natasha, and Valerie as part of the Book Blogger Creativity Project hosted by Nori. Each month we will be sharing exciting recipes inspired by some of our favorite books. Feel free to join in, but please make sure you link your post back to us so we can enjoy your favorite bookish delights as well!

Don't forgot to use if you want to share your food inspiration with us on twitter or instagram!

For today's Book Nerd Bites post I will be featuring...


The Girl Who Fell by Shannon M. Parker

This month we decided to go with a Back to School theme. So we all chose books that at least partially take place in school. In The Girl Who Fell, there is a scene where the main character gets asked out by the new guy in school at a park. I think he brings tuna sandwiches to the park so they can have a little picnic.

Thinking about tuna sandwiches made me think about this super tasty tuna salad that I looooove to make. It's really easy and doesn't take a lot of work!

Ingredients:


-Pasta
(I use two 7 oz boxes of shells)

-Mayo

-Tuna
(I usually use two cans for the amount of pasta that I make)

-Celery Salt

-Salt

-Pepper

-Cayenne Pepper

-Lettuce

-Tomatoes

-Baked Lay's Potato Chips

Instructions:

-Cook the pasta according to directions. If you're inadequate in the kitchen, what I do is put the pasta in a pot, add water, bring to a boil, and then let it boil for 6 minutes.

-Strain pasta and rinse with cold water. Then pat it dry with a paper towel.


-Drain tuna and kind of shred it with a fork and add to pasta.


-Add however much mayo you want. I think I used like three big spoonfuls for what I made. Maybe you like more, maybe you like less. Go with what you feel.


-Add salt, pepper, celery salt, and cayenne pepper. I don't know how to tell you how much to use because I just sprinkle a bunch in there. Again, go with what you feel.


-Mix it all together. Add lettuce and tomatoes if you want them. Or whatever else you think would be tasty. I didn't have any of that handy when I made this, but it's really good with that stuff in it.

-Devour it.

I think this salad is better cold, but it's still good right after you get done making it. I really like to eat it with baked Lay's crunched in it. I also add like a ton more cayenne pepper to my portions. Because I like it spicy.

If you want to check out what recipes the rest of the people in my group are going to feature, here is the schedule:

Monday - Cyra
Tuesday - Natasha
Wednesday - Becca
Thursday - Kristie
Friday - Valerie
Saturday - Nori

Have you read The Girl Who Fell? What did you think of it? Are you going to try this recipe? I promise you won't regret it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan