Top Ten Tuesday (#66)

Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature created by The Broke and the Bookish!

This week's topic is all about things we're thankful for!

I'm just gonna go with five things that I'm thankful for. Because I want to write about meaningful things and just getting to five was hard.

First I want to say that I'm thankful for this platform that I have to talk about books on. I love being able to discuss books, even if it's sometimes just to myself. I'm at a standstill with my sister because I swear she has been reading Prodigy by Marie Lu for like SIX MONTHS! Come on, girl! I can't talk to her about it if she isn't going to ever finish it!

I'm thankful for the friends that I've made since I started blogging. Notably: Mariam (@mariamthekid), Brittany (@bbookrambles), Raneem (@raneemkankan), and Alyssa (@Alyssa_Susanna). 

I am thankful for the dude my mom is currently seeing. He has offered to fly my sister and I to Indiana in January as a gift to my mom. This is super exciting because I wasn't able to go with my grandma when she went to visit in August. I haven't been to see her since last September, but she did come home for Christmas last year. Either way, it's been awhile.


I'm thankful for my sister. She and I are so close now that we're older. It feels like just yesterday that I was trying to assert my authority (given to my by my dad who was working late for awhile) over her by dragging her down the hall by her ankles while she clung to a recliner that also got dragged down the hall because she wouldn't go to bed at a decent hour since my dad wasn't there to make her. She's always so excited to drive four hours to come see me and then she gets here and she buys my groceries, cooks for me, and does my dishes. I would be so lost without her.


And finally, I am thankful for my cat. He's kind of an ass, but he puts up with a lot of my crap. I really can't say I blame him for being an ass. I mean, I did dress him up as a mermaid. And a dinosaur. And almost a lobster. I'm thankful that I could finally wear the BF down so he would let me have a cat. I'm thankful for the guy at my work who fetched me the free kitten. I'm thankful for the free vet clinic that fixed his hernia (and him) for free.

What are some things you're thankful for this year?




4 comments:

  1. HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII CYRA!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D I am so thankful to have met you (and honestly, under those circumstances. It was fate!). I wish I were better with commenting because I miss SO many of your posts. But I didn't miss this one. ;) *hugs* Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, Cyra!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's totally okay because I have been missing a lot of posts with my internet struggles for the past two months! But I am back in action and I am going to be a blog commenting fool! Thanks for being my friend, Alyssa!!!

      Delete
  2. Blogger just ate my semi long comment, so I will be back later. *shakes fist at Blogger*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Curse you blogger and your vile taste for long blog comments!!

      Delete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan