Monthly Wrap Up // February 2018

Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Hello everyone! Can you believe it's already March? I can't!

Anyway, since I never ended up doing a wrap up for January, I'm also going to mention what books I read way back then. My goal for this year is to read 75 books. To hit that, I need to read 6.25 books per month, so I am aiming for about 6 books per month.

In January, I did not hit that little goal, but I made up for it in February! Also, I am counting DNFs toward my goal because I read as much of the book as I am going to!

READ

So here is what I read in January:

          

1. Spy on History: Victor Down and the World War II Ghost Army by Enigma Alberti and Scott Wegener // Review + A Glimpse Back in Time

2. Between the Blade and the Heart by Amanda Hocking // DNF Review

3. Before I Let Go by Marieke Nijkamp // Review

     

4. Shadowsong by S. Jae Jones // DNF

5. The Orphan Queen by Jodi Meadows // Re-read

Favorite of the month: The Orphan Queen

Least favorite (excluding DNFs): Before I Let Go

---

Read in February:

          

1. Broken Beautiful Hearts by Kami Garcia // Review

2. The Mirror King by Jodi Meadows // Review

3. The Cruel Prince // Review

          

4. The Bone Witch by Rin Chupeco // Re-read

5. The Heart Forger by Rin Chupeco // Review

6. Of Metal and Wishes by Sarah Fine // Review to come


7. Of Dreams and Rust by Sarah Fine // Review to come

Favorite of the month: THE HEART FORGER (!!!)

Least favorite of the month: Of Metal and Wishes

---

Book Haul

I feel like I lack self control so I have acquired quite a few books in the last couple months... Oops. Sorry, wallet.

January:

1. The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken
2. Never Fade by Alexandra Bracken
3. In the Afterlight by Alexandra Bracken
4. Through the Dark by Alexandra Bracken

^^ These were the new covers!

5. Frost Like Night by Sara Raasch
6. The Midnight Star by Marie Lu
7. Here We Are by Kelly Jensen
8. Fairest of Them All by Carolyn Turgeon
9. Queen of Blood by Sarah Beth Durst
10. Fate of the Tearling by Ericka Johansen

^^ These were from Book Outlet.

11. Godsgrave by Jay Kristoff
12. The Cruel Prince by Holly Black
13. Sailor Moon vol. 2 by Naoko Takeuchi

^^ These were from a Barnes and Noble excursion.

14. Between the Blade and the Heart by Amanda Hocking

^^ This was from the publisher.

February:

1. Red Rising by Pierce Brown
2. Before She Ignites by Jodi Meadows

^^ These were from #booksfortrade!

3. Princess of Thorns by Stacey Jay
4. The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman

^^ These were from Alyssa, my round 7 secret sister!

5. The Queen's Rising by Rebecca Ross
6. Orange by Ichigo Takano
7. Wolf Children: Ame & Yuki by Mamoru Hosada, Yuu

^^ These were from another Barnes and Noble excursion.

8. The Cruel Prince by Holly Black

^^ This was the Owlcrate Exclusive edition.

9. The Bone Witch by Rin Chupeco

^^This was because I loved it so much and needed a physical hardcover.

10. Legend of Zelda: Legendary Edition, Vol 2: Oracle of Seasons & Oracle of Ages by Akira Himekawa

^^This one was from my round 8 secret sister!

11. The Queen's Rising by Rebecca Ross

^^ This was an extra copy from a LitJoy Crate I got.

---

On the Blog

In the last couple months, I have posted a few interesting things besides the reviews I mentioned above!

January:


February:


---

You may have noticed that I also started a Booktube channel in February! I only have a few videos so far, but if you're interested, I have posted:


---

March TBR

These are the books that I am hoping to read in March!

1. Aru Shah and the End of Time by Roshani Chokshi
2. Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli
3. Ace of Shades by Amanda Foody
4. The Wrath and the Dawn by Renée Ahdieh
5. The Rose and the Dagger by Renée Ahdieh
6. Orange by Ichigo Takano
7. Wolf Children: Ame and Yuki by Mamoru Hosada
8. Sailor Moon vol. 2 by Naoko Takeuchi
9. Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons & Oracle of Ages by Akira Himekawa

The last four are for the Manga Madness Readathon at the end of the month. They have two options. One is to follow a bingo board with challenges and the other is to just read whatever. I will definitely be doing option two because these are the only four unread mangas I have at this time.

---

Life Stuff

So, I guess nothing super exciting has happened in the last couple months here. We had a group of early calving heifers that had their calves in the last week of February. They're basically done by now. But it's always fun to have little baby calves running around! I might put some fun footage of them in one of my booktube videos one day.

Besides that, I have finished all of the DLC in Breath of the Wild. I think I have like 150 korok seeds left to find and a couple of outfits left to level up before I'm ready to defeat Ganon. Because I think that's literally all that I have left to do in the whole game.

I started playing Stardew Valley. I played that like, nonstop for two weeks and now I'm slowly working on building up all of my friendships. I played it so much right away because I REALLY wanted to marry Harvey. Now I'm married and have a baby and am on year three. I even went out and bought myself a fun pink xbox controller to play with!

I still need to come up with a gamertag for my xbox account. Because unhorsedgem### isn't going to work for me. But I can't think of anything good! I'm half tempted to just use my blog name, but I don't know if I want to. If you have any suggestions, I'd love to hear them!

The one friend I had at work doesn't work there anymore. He just kind of stopped showing up. It makes me sad because he was fun to talk to. But also I was sad because I had let him borrow six of my amiibos and I wasn't sure how I was going to get them back. But someone else from work is kind of friends with him, I think and got them for me. I was so pumped. That was like $100 worth of them and I wasn't sure how I was going to get them back because I didn't know how to get ahold of him.

I have been watching a lot of anime with my sister. We have watched Erased, Your Name, Forest of Firefly Lights, and now we started Your Lie in April. I am going to have to finish that one by myself because there just wasn't enough time when I was home. Which is fine because she claims I'm going to ugly cry and I think I'd rather do that alone. I like the show, but I think it's kind of dramatic for me.

Like I said, pretty uneventful over here. So I guess I'll quit rambling now!

How was February for you? What was your favorite book you read?

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to see you dnf'd Shadowsong. But you had a great reading month in February.
    And you hauled some good books there. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wanted to like the Wintersong duology SO badly, but I just didn't. I don't even know why I bothered trying out Shadowsong, honestly. But I just really wanted to try to like it again. But I DID have a great reading month for February. The only book that I really didn't like was Of Metal and Wishes. Other than that, I enjoyed everything else!

      Delete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan