2019 Reading "Goals"

Saturday, January 5, 2019

Hello everyone! Today I am here to talk about all the goals that I will not be making this year! Everyone is talking about their goals for the year and I just don't think that I am going to do that this year because I know me and I know I won't stick to them. Goals? I don't know her.

I mean, I set my Goodreads goal for 52 books this year, but like.. if I hit it, I hit it. I don't think I've ever actually hit one of my Goodreads goals so I'm not super pressed about actually getting there either way.

Last year one of my goals was to read more books outside of just YA. I am going to try to do that again mostly because it kind of ties in with the one other thing that I want to try harder at this year, which is to read more books that I actually own. I did SUCH a good job at buying books outside of YA last year, but did I read any of them?? No.

I'm not really gonna call any of this a goal just because then it won't be so disappointing at the end of the year when I inevitably don't do any of it.

So, yeah, here are all of the unread books that I own that I would like to try to either read or purge this year:
  1. Harry Potter and the Cursed Child by JK Rowling
  2. Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them Screenplay by JK Rowling
  3. The Crimes of Grindelwald Screenplay by JK Rowling
  4. Replica by Lauren Oliver
  5. Broken Things by Lauren Oliver
  6. Sea Witch by Sarah Henning
  7. Whisper of the Tide by Sarah Tolcser 
  8. Children of Blood and Bone by Tomi Adeyemi
  9. Because You Love to Hate Me by Amerie
  10. Glass Sword by Victoria Aveyard
  11. King's Cage by Victoria Aveyard
  12. War Storm by Victoria Aveyard
  13. Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo
  14. Language of Thorns by Leigh Bardugo
  15. Girls Made of Snow and Glass by Melissa Bashardoust
  16. Red Rising by Pierce Brown
  17. The Last Namsara by Kristen Ciccarelli
  18. The Forest of a Thousand Lanterns by Julie C. Dao
  19. Windwitch by Susan Dennard
  20. All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr
  21. The Queen of Blood by Sarah Beth Durst
  22. The Queens of Innis Lear by Tessa Gratton
  23. The Queen of the Tearling by Erika Johansen
  24. The Fate of the Tearling by Erika Johansen
  25. Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff
  26. Godsgrave by Jay Kristoff
  27. The Poppy War by R.F. Kuang
  28. Kingdom of Ash by Sarah J. Maas
  29. The Rose and the Dagger by Renée Ahdieh
  30. Undead Girl Gang by Lily Anderson
  31. The Girl Who Drank the Moon by Kelly Barnhill
  32. The Passion of Dolssa by Julie Berry
  33. Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake
  34. The Wicked Deep by Shea Ernshaw
  35. Scarlet by A.C. Gaughen
  36. Lady Thief by A.C. Gaughen
  37. Lion Heart by A.C. Gaughen
  38. After the Fall by Kate Hart
  39. For a Muse of Fire by Heidi Heilig
  40. Hocus Locus and the All-New Sequel by A.W. Jantha
  41. Princess of Thorns by Stacey Jay
  42. Reign of Shadows by Sophie Jordan
  43. Vitro by Jessica Khoury
  44. Beyond a Darkened Shore by Jessica Leake
  45. This Monstrous Thing by Mackenzi Lee
  46. The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue by Mackenzi Lee
  47. Bygone Badass Broads by Mackenzi Lee
  48. The Rose Society by Marie Lu
  49. The Midnight Star by Marie Lu
  50. Warcross by Marie Lu
  51. Daughter of the Forest by Juliet Marillier
  52. Son of the Shadows by Juliet Marillier
  53. A Madness So Discreet by Mindy McGinnis
  54. Given to the Sea by Mindy McGinnis
  55. This Darkness Mine by Mindy McGinnis
  56. My Lady Jane by Jodi Meadows, Cynthia Hand, and Brodi Ashton
  57. Before She Ignites by Jodie Meadows
  58. The Rattled Bones by S.M. Parker
  59. The Beauty of Darkness by Mary E. Pearson
  60. Heart of Iron by Ashley Poston
  61. The Queen's Rising by Rebecca Ross
  62. The Winner's Kiss by Marie Rutkoski
  63. To Right the Wrongs by Sheryl Scarborough
  64. This Savage Song by Victoria Schwab
  65. Vicious by V.E. Schwab
  66. Vengeful by V.E. Schwab
  67. The Truth Beneath the Lies by Amanda Searcy
  68. Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys
  69. Hunted by Meagan Spooner
  70. Sadie by Courtney Summers
  71. Words on Bathroom Walls by Julia Walton
  72. Sky in the Deep by Adrienne Young
  73. Girls Who Code by Reshma Saujani
  74. Monstress vol. 2 by Marjorie Liu and Sana Takeda
  75. Monstress vol. 3 by Marjorie Liu and Sana Takeda
  76. History vs. Women: The Defiant Lives That They Don't Want You to Know by Anita Sarkeesian and Ebony Adams
  77. Here We Are: Feminism for the Real World by Kelly Jensen
  78. Wolf Children by Mamoru Hosada and Yuu
  79. Children of the Whales vol. 1 by Abi Umeda
  80. Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic vol. 2 by Shinobu Ohtaka
  81. Orange: The Complete Collection vol. 1 by Ichigo Takano
  82. Log Horizon: The Beginning of Another World by Mamare Touno and Kazuhiro Hara
  83. Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson
  84. Alex, Approximately by Jenn Bennet
  85. Prisoner of Night and Fog by Anne Blankman
  86. The Girl of Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson
  87. The Crown of Embers by Rae Carson
  88. The Bitter Kingdom by Rae Carson
  89. The Girl of Fire and Thorns Stories by Rae Carson
  90. Graceling by Kristin Cashore
  91. Fire by Kristin Cashore
  92. Bitterblue by Kristin Cashore
  93. The City of Brass by S.A. Chakraborty
  94. Something Strange and Deadly by Susan Dennard
  95. A Darkness Strange and Lovely by Susan Dennard
  96. Strange and Ever After by Susan Dennard
  97. My Mad Fat Diary by Rae Earl
  98. The Union by S. Usher Evans
  99. The Prince and the Heiress by S. Usher Evans
  100. The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman
  101. The War Outside by Monica Hesse
  102. Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover
  103. Confess by Colleen Hoover
  104. November 9 by Colleen Hoover
  105. Splintered by A.G. Howard
  106. Unhinged by A.G. Howard
  107. Ensnared by A.G. Howard
  108. Untamed by A.G. Howard
  109. Howl's Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones
  110. More Than We Can Tell by Brigid Kemmerer
  111. Jade City by Fonda Lee
  112. Atonement by Ian McEwan
  113. Uprooted by Naomi Novik
  114. For Darkness Shows the Stars by Diana Peterfreund
  115. Cruising Altitude by Heather Poole
  116. Across the Universe by Beth Revis
  117. Trail of Lightning by Rebecca Roanhorse
  118. Carry On by Rainbow Rowell
  119. The Last Wish by Andrzej Sapkowski
  120. The Near Witch by Victoria Schwab
  121. A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab
  122. A Gathering of Shadows by V.E. Schwab
  123. A Conjuring of Light by V.E. Schwab
  124. The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater
  125. A Torch Against the Night by Sabaa Tahir
  126. A Wicked Thing by Rhiannon Thomas
  127. The Burning Sky by Sherry Thomas
  128. The Perilous Sea by Sherry Thomas
  129. The Fairest of Them All by Carolyn Turgeon
  130. Rose Under Fire by Elizabeth Wein
  131. Everything Everything by Nicola Yoon
  132. The Last Life of Prince Alastor by Alexandra Bracken
I have been doing a lot of purging lately, but there are a few books that I have that I'm pretty sure that I am just going to end up getting rid of, but I'm still in the denial stage where I'm telling myself that I am still absolutely going to read that book.

What are your 2019 goals if you made any? Are there any books on this list that you would recommend I get to ASAP?

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan