Waiting on Wednesday (#3)

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week I'm waiting for...


Truthwitch by Susan Dennard
The Witchlands #1
Publisher: Tor Teen
Publication Date: January 5th, 2016
Pages: 384

Summary (from Goodreads): On a continent ruled by three empires, some are born with a “witchery”, a magical skill that sets them apart from others.

In the Witchlands, there are almost as many types of magic as there are ways to get in trouble—as two desperate young women know all too well.

Safiya is a Truthwitch, able to discern truth from lie. It’s a powerful magic that many would kill to have on their side, especially amongst the nobility to which Safi was born. So Safi must keep her gift hidden, lest she be used as a pawn in the struggle between empires.

Iseult, a Threadwitch, can see the invisible ties that bind and entangle the lives around her—but she cannot see the bonds that touch her own heart. Her unlikely friendship with Safi has taken her from life as an outcast into one of reckless adventure, where she is a cool, wary balance to Safi’s hotheaded impulsiveness.

Safi and Iseult just want to be free to live their own lives, but war is coming to the Witchlands. With the help of the cunning Prince Merik (a Windwitch and ship’s captain) and the hindrance of a Bloodwitch bent on revenge, the friends must fight emperors, princes, and mercenaries alike, who will stop at nothing to get their hands on a Truthwitch.

So excited for this one! I just started really using twitter around the time of BEA and saw how everyone was talking about this book and I was like ooh I need it. Then I decided to see what it was actually about. Haha! I just pre-ordered this book from schulerbooks.com and if you pre-order it from there you can get it signed! Just mention that you'd like it signed in the comments box! So excited! Only disappointed because I want to get it the day it comes out, but I cancelled my amazon pre-order to opt for the signed one!!

2 comments:

  1. Very excited to read this one as well! Dennard's debut trilogy started off well for me, and then took a nosedive, so I'm hoping this one is better. Crossing my fingers! I hope you love this one when you read it, Cyra :)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited to read all of her work because everyone seems so completely obsessed with her! So I hope it's as good as the whole 'BEA stampede for truthwitch' makes it sound!

      Delete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan