Merry Christmas everyone! Or Happy Holidays for those of you who don't celebrate Christmas! Today's discussion post is Christmas themed!
Christmas is my all time favorite holiday. I love everything about it.
So in this post, I'm going to list my favorite things about Christmas!
1. I love decorating for Christmas! I love when I finally get to put up my Christmas tree! I really wanted to put it up this year earlier than I did, but my boyfriend wouldn't let me put it up before Thanksgiving (fun hater). My whole color theme for my tree is silver, blue, and white. I have entirely too many ornaments and since my tree this year is smaller than the one I used last year, I can't fit all the ornaments I bought on it....... I love love love it though!
2. I also love buying and wrapping gifts! This year my Christmas shopping hasn't been as smoothly as most years because things were kind of bleak at my job for awhile there when I am usually starting to Christmas shop. I need a long time to do all my shopping because I go all out. I gotta do it over the span of several months of paychecks. Besides shopping for gifts, I also love shopping for pretty wrapping paper, bows, ribbons, tags, etc. I love wrapping gifts!
I also LOVE watching people open the gifts I got them!!
3. I also love driving around and looking at the Christmas lights. Since I moved out to live with my boyfriend, it's not as easy to do that because I live in the middle of nowhere and I'm not very often in town after dark. But I do what I can.
4. I love the holiday drinks that come out at Starbucks! I love the peppermint mocha! I recently just tried it as an iced drink because I much prefer cold coffee from Starbucks anymore. I bought a Keurig a couple of years ago and since I started drinking more plain coffee, I can't stand all the extra stuff they put in a coffee drink there. But long story short, I thought iced peppermint mocha was horrible and I will never do it again. And I was so sure I'd love it that I bought a LARGE!
5. I love Christmas movies! My grandma used to take me out for dinner and a movie every year for my birthday. It's gotten harder since I moved and my birthday is at the start of the busiest time of the year at my job. We always used to go see the latest Christmas movie if there wasn't a Twilight/Harry Potter movie out at that time that year. My favorite Christmas movie is definitely Elf. On my mom's side of the family, one of their Christmas traditions is to watch A Christmas Story every year. I actually haven't seen that movie yet?! How I managed that, I do not know, but I have it! Just have yet to watch it!
6. I love Christmas music! I worked in the mall one Christmas at the Hickory Farms stand and I didn't like Christmas music that year. They played the same couple of CD's over and over and over all day and I wanted to die! But right now I'm listening to the Pentatonix Christmas CD and it is quite amazing! As long as you mix up the Christmas music, I love it.
7. I love getting to see family that aren't around much the rest of the year! This year I was supposed to spend Christmas with my boyfriend's family (because we made a deal that we'll do Thanksgiving with one person's family and then Christmas with the other's and then switch the next year), but my mom is home for Christmas for the first time since 2006. So naturally, I have to go home. I feel kind of bad because the BF didn't come with me last year. He came separately the day after Christmas and I yelled at him a lot for not spending time with my family when I have to spend so much with his. But he's being really gracious with me. I really don't think that he cares. He just doesn't want to come with me because he got his hopes set on not having to do anything or go anywhere on Christmas. Which is fine. It makes me sad because I want him to come with me, but it was really a last minute plan.
8. I also love all the food that the aforementioned (lol I hope I used that word right) family brings. Om nom nom.
9. Ooh! Even the coolest part of Christmas this year, I have a fireplace in my house to hang the stockings on! Pictures will come if I ever find something to hang them up with. Those fancy stocking hangers they have in the Christmas aisle are EXPENSIVE, especially for an item that seems to generally only have one hook!
Alright, well, I think that's about all I shall mention. I gotta save something for my Guest of the Month post on Sunday!
What are some of your favorite holiday traditions? :)