Guest of the Month #2 - Denise @ I Am Shelfless

Sunday, December 27, 2015


Guest of the month club is a monthly opportunity to collaborate with different bloggers! Every month you will be paired with a different blogger. You will each plan a guest post for the other’s blog (topic suggestions will be provided every month!). Then all of the club members will post on the same day of the month to make blog hopping easier.

The topic for this month is Favorite Holiday Traditions! I was paired with Denise from I Am Shelfless! 

This is what Denise has to say:

***

I love Christmas because there are lots of parties, get togethers, food, celebrations, food, people and food! Sorry! I think I'm hungry at this point; imagining all that food and all. Anyway, I'm going to talk about my favorite holiday traditions! 

First, my sister and I plan what to buy as gifts and look for a store we would buy most of these gifts. This December, we chose QUIRKS Novelties & Curiosities! There are many items you can find and all of them are just creative and awesome!

Second, we have a Christmas tree and it has been 9 years since we put it up in our house. I love Christmas trees! I do! I even get a little jelly when I see people post pictures or visit places that have Christmas trees! There's just no space left at home because there are lots of cabinets, tables, papers and books everywhere, but the spirit of Christmas is still here!

Third, every December 24th, my mom wakes us up early to make a salad. Yes, a salad. Two people would be assigned to remove some of the tender coconut shell or whatever you call that (I don't know what it's called in English!), one would be cutting the cheese into cubes and one would be in charge in mixing the fruit salad ingredients altogether! It's really yummy!

Christmas Day means spending time with the family and probably eating a lot of food! This year, we decided to stay home and celebrate; we usually go to the province to celebrate Christmas with my mom's side of the family! The food sometimes changes, but ham and fruit salads never disappears. Then, before it gets dark, we always go to our nearest relatives to get some homemade molo and other foods! That's how my Christmas is spent and I like it!

Happy Holidays and warm hugs to everyone! I hope ya'll had a great Christmas!






No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan