September 2016 Wrap Up

Sunday, October 2, 2016

          

1. Truthwitch by Susan Dennard
Review

2. And the Trees Crept In by Dawn Kurtagich
Review to come.

3. The Dead Boyfriend by R.L. Stine
Review

     

4. Empire of Storms by Sarah J. Maas
Review to come.

5. In the Afterlight by Alexandra Bracken
Review to come.

56/75

---

Book Haul:

The Infinite Sea by Rick Yancey
-Trade

Empire of Storms by Sarah J. Maas
-Purchase

A Torch Against the Night by Sabaa Tahir
-Purchase

The Dead Boyfriend by R.L. Stine
-From the Publisher

Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake
-Subscription Box

The Union by S. Usher Evans
-Purchase

The Prince and the Heiress by S. Usher Evans
-Purchase

Papertoy Glowbots
-From the Publisher

---

Reviewed:


In My Corner of the Blogosphere:

I did the Pokemon Go tag.
I shared some interesting information about Jack the Ripper for my A Glimpse Back in Time post.
I shared a recipe for a super tasty tuna salad in my Book Nerd Bites post!
I also shared which October books I am dying for!

---

Life:

Another month has come and gone and once again, not a whole lot of super exciting stuff has happened in my life.

The major colt sales are over (THANK GOD). There might be one other one, but the horses that go don't need to be halter broken. Somehow I managed to get by with only helping with horses twice. Now just to see how many more get bought. Ugh.

I think probably the most interesting thing that happened to me this month was that I got free tickets to a Blake Shelton concert at my job! He's the spokesperson for one of our clients and they offered us up tickets. There were even a few sets of VIP tickets up for grabs and I got drawn for a pair!

I was kinda considering not going because the BF couldn't come with me because it was fall shots for all the calves that weekend, but then I got drawn for the VIP tickets and I was like....


So I invited my friend from high school to go along with me!


So basically what the VIP package included was:

-Sweet seats
-A commemorative merchandise item
-A free drink ticket
-Access to the "BSers Lounge"
-A two song acoustic pre-concert performance and Q&A with Blake.


So the seats we ended up with were 10 rows back from the front, basically in the middle of the row. From what I've gathered from coworkers, we might have actually gotten the closest seats.

The commemorative merchandise item was... mostly a pain in the butt. It was a tote bag with like a guitar shaped fan and like a beer glass that said BSer's Lounge on it. The fan was nice because it was HOT in there. I say that the stuff was a pain because we had to carry it around the concert all night, actively making sure not to break the glass.

I used my free drink ticket to get water. Ha! All that spendy alcohol there and I got a bottle of water. :)

The BSer's Lounge was pretty cool. It had photo opportunities which consisted of taking pictures with Cardboard Blake and in his Voice chair. There was a bar (where we got to use the drink tickets). And the acoustic performance was awesome.



The concert in general was super awesome. The opening act was Raelynn. I had never heard of her, but I liked her. She was adorable and had on a super sparkly outfit that I wish I owned. Blake was also SO good! I had seen him before in like 2011, but I think this time was way more fun!



After this whole experience, I decided that I probably wouldn't ever want to pay for VIP tickets. I feel like you didn't get anything really all that impressive for how much they probably cost. Like, there was a Cardboard Blake at Walmart to take pictures with. The Voice chair was awesome, but not something I couldn't have lived without getting a picture with. There were a lot more people in the VIP lounge than I had expected there to be. I like the glass, but a t-shirt would have been better.

Whine about it a little more, Cyra.

My favorite part was the amazing seats. I could see the sweat dripping down his face! SO CLOSE!

So since I ended up going to that concert, I got to go home two weekends in a row, which I loved. I watched a bunch more Studio Ghibli films with my sister. We watched Ponyo (HAM!!!), My Neighbor Totoro (probably my least favorite one so far), and Grave of the Fireflies (which made me feel things I didn't ask to feel).

That's probably as exciting as my month got. But it was pretty great all the same! :)

---

Looking Ahead:

October has unofficially kind of become Alexandra Bracken month on the blog. I reread her The Darkest Minds trilogy and have all the reviews scheduled for this month. So I need to read the novellas and schedule the reviews for those too! And since I have all that, I decided to feature The Darkest Minds for my A Glimpse Back in Time and Book Nerd Bites posts as well!

So I'm pretty excited about that. It's pretty fitting with the amazing news that we have our Ruby for the movie! :')


When I first saw Amandla was going to be in the movie, I thought they were going to be Vida. Not gonna lie, I had a moment of disappointment when I found out they were Ruby because they're not what I pictured for Ruby in my head, but I just had to change my vision and get over it because they're AMAZING and this movie is going to be amazing! The only thing that will actually disappoint me is if whoever plays Liam isn't a total babe.

October TBR:

Finish Wendy Darling: Seas by Colleen Oakes
Wrecked by Maria Padian
Nemesis by Anna Banks
Fate of Flames by Sarah Raughley
After the Woods by Kim Savage
Through the Dark by Alexandra Bracken

That's about all I have planned for sure! :)

---

How was September for you? Are you SO EXCITED ABOUT TDM MOVIE NEWS?!

5 comments:

  1. Wow! The concert sounds pretty good though, I must admit I don't really like going to them myself. I still haven't read The Darkest Minds, I've been meaning to for so long. I'm hoping I'll get to it before the movie is released.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get around to reading The Darkest Minds too! I can't recommend it enough! It's my favorite series ever! I hope you love it when you read it! :)

      Delete
  2. I love how you screamed HAM after Ponyo because that's my IMMEDIATE reaction every time. Easiest my favorite SG movie. I love it so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That one was super cute! I laughed so hard when she just yelled HAM into that microphone! My favorite SG film is KiKi's Delivery Service! My mom used to take my sister and I every other weekend to rent movies and I rented KiKi like every other time. Haha! I love it!

      Delete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan