Since last week I posted my top 16 reads of 2016, I thought that today I would post my 16 favorite covers of 2016! I am a cover buyer and I bought a lot of these based on the cover alone. And a lot of them are still sitting on my shelf, unread. Oops.
1. Reign of Shadows by Sophie Jordan
Reign of Shadows is a 2016 book that I have not yet read. But this my friends, is my absolute favorite cover of 2016. I love the colors. I love the flowers. I love everything about this. I have so many fun project ideas that were inspired by this book cover. Too bad the action for the projects can't also be inspired by the cover.
2. Stalking Jack the Ripper by Kerri Maniscalco
3. Blackhearts by Nicole Castroman
4. This is Where it Ends by Marieke Nijkamp
5. After the Woods by Kim Savage
I think this one is probably my second favorite cover of the year. I love the font. I love all the leaves and foliage. I just love the woodsy-ness.
6. Burning Glass by Kathryn Purdie
7. Salt to the Sea by Ruta Sepetys
8. Fear the Drowning Deep by Sarah Glenn Marsh
9. The Star-Touched Queen by Roshani Chokshi
10. Passenger by Alexandra Bracken
11. The Raven King by Maggie Stiefvater
12. The Love That Split the World by Emily Henry
13. The Smell of Other People's Houses by Bonnie-Sue Hitchcock
This cover is so insane. That sky is gorgeous. I am SO in love with this cover, even if I wasn't in love with what was on the inside.
14. Dreamology by Lucy Keating
This is another cover that inspired a project in me that will probably never get done. I think it would be super cool to make a sleep mask with those eyes and some of that pink hair on it. The only problem is that the only white sleep mask that I can find, you have to buy in bulk. I don't really want a million and a half white sleep masks.
15. And I Darken by Kiersten White
16. The Female of the Species by Mindy McGinnis
I have actually heard some negative things about this cover. But I think it's really cool. That color really catches a person's eye and I quite like the design on the cover as well.
I think 2016 must have been the year of black backgrounds with stuff on them. Or at least it was for me!
What are some of your favorite covers of 2016? Are you a cover buyer or not so much? Let me know in the comments!