Down the TBR Hole (#2)

Sunday, January 15, 2017


Down the TBR Hole is a meme type thing started by Imaginary Places on Paper to help cut down your Goodreads TBR.

This is how it works:

  • Go to your goodreads to-read shelf.
  • Order on ascending date added.
  • Take the first 5 (or 10 if you’re feeling adventurous) books
  • Read the synopses of the books
  • Decide: keep it or should it go?
Repeat this every week until your TBR is cleaned off!

Here are the next 10 books I have to decide to keep or give them the heave!


The Terrible and Wonderful Reasons Why I Run Long Distances by The Oatmeal

This book is basically just an illustrated book of pure ridiculousness. I love this guy's books, but it's probably not something that needs to be on my Goodreads TBR. I have it and I'll get around to it eventually when I feel like reading something silly.

Verdict: Remove


Rose Under Fire by Elizabeth Wein

World War II historical fiction is my favorite. So there is no question that this one will be staying on my TBR. I have it, I just have to get around to reading it. SOON!

Verdict: Keep

Icicles Like Kindling by Sara Raasch
Snow Likes Ashes #0.1

This little novella is something that I want to read, but who knows if I'll ever actually get around to it. It doesn't really need to be clogging up my TBR.

Verdict: Remove


In A Handful of Dust by Mindy McGinnis
Not a Drop to Drink #2

I loved Not a Drop to Drink and think Mindy McGinnis is basically a rockstar. I haven't gotten around to reading this one yet, but I will get this book read!

Verdict: Keep

Untitled by Maureen Johnson
Shades of London #4

I love this series. It was completely not what I was expecting when I started it, but I ended up loving it so much. And after the ending to that last book?! I'm just going to keep this one on my TBR and look longingly at it until I have it in my hands.

Verdict: Keep


The Rose Society by Marie Lu
The Young Elites #2

I really don't know why I haven't finished this series yet. I have all of them and I really enjoyed the first one! I need to hop on that ASAP!

Verdict: Keep


The Midnight Star by Marie Lu
The Young Elites #3

See entry above.

Verdict: Keep


The Winner's Kiss by Marie Rutkoski
The Winner's Trilogy #3

I loved The Winner's Curse and the Winner's Crime! I'm excited to finish this series eventually. Hopefully soon! After that cliffhanger, I'm not sure how I have still not read this.

Verdict: Keep


The Last Star by Rick Yancey
The 5th Wave #3

I should just buy this on my nook and read it, but I have the other two books in paperback so I'm waiting until I can get this book in paperback before I reread the first two and then read this one!

Verdict: Keep


For Darkness Shows the Stars by Diana Peterfreund
For Darkness Shows the Stars #1

Once again, a book that I own that I have yet to read. I should really implement a rule where I have to read three books off my shelf before I can buy any new ones. I will hopefully get around to reading this book soon!

Verdict: Keep

Current TBR Total: 432
New Total: 430
Total removed: 7

What do you guys think? Are there any on this list that you would have sent packing?

4 comments:

  1. Okay. Taking your advice and policing my good reads list now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to check out your posts and see what you give the heave to!

      Delete
  2. You're keeping some good ones! I loved Lu's The Young Elites trilogy - especially The Midnight Star. The Winner's Kiss is, in my opinion, the best book of the series. I loved For Darkness Shows the Stars! Though I loved Across A Star-Swept Sea more. ;) Happy reading, Cyra!

    Have a wonderful week. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so excited for all of these books. I think I need to grow a second head so I have more eyes to read all of these books!

      Delete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan