Down the TBR Hole (#4)

Sunday, January 29, 2017



Down the TBR Hole is a meme type thing started by Imaginary Places on Paper to help cut down your Goodreads TBR.

This is how it works:

  • Go to your goodreads to-read shelf.
  • Order on ascending date added.
  • Take the first 5 (or 10 if you’re feeling adventurous) books
  • Read the synopses of the books
  • Decide: keep it or should it go?
Repeat this every week until your TBR is cleaned off!

Here is the next set of books that will be battling for a place on my TBR Shelf...


Girl of Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson
Fire and Thorns #1

I definitely still want to read this book. This whole series is sitting on my shelf, just waiting for me to pick it up. I should really focus on more of my backlist books because they are taking over.

Verdict: Keep


Something Strange and Deadly by Susan Dennard
Something Strange and Deadly #1

I just realized that last week on this list I had Strange and Ever After. One of my thoughts going through this was that I didn't need sequels on my TBR if I haven't even read the first/previous ones. So I'm going to keep this one and remove Strange and Ever After from my list til I've gotten that far in the series.

Verdict: Keep


A Madness So Discreet by Mindy McGinnis

I am all about Mindy McGinnis lately and this book sounds so good. And that cover is so nice. And it's sitting in my pile of books that I am going to reach for SOON.

Verdict: Keep


Armada by Ernest Cline

This book still sounds interesting, but I don't think it's one that I'm going to actively try to read. I'm not very pumped about it anymore.

Verdict: Remove


Breaking Point by Kristen Simmons
Article 5 #2

Seeing as I haven't even read the first one in this series, I probably don't need this one on my list!

Verdict: Remove


Altered by Gennifer Albin
Crewel World #2

I haven't even read the first book in this series yet. And I'm really not that interested in it anymore. So I'll definitely be removing this series from my TBR.

Verdict: Remove


Unraveled by Gennifer Albin
Crewel World #3

Gotta unravel this one from my TBR.

Verdict: Remove


Uprooted by Naomi Novik

I just read a review of this book that said it was a good retelling of Beauty and the Beast and I think it's gonna get picked up REAL soon now.

Verdict: Keep


The Mirror King by Jodi Meadows
The Orphan Queen #2

I absolutely loved The Orphan Queen. I don't know why I haven't gotten around to picking this one up yet.

Verdict: Keep


Through the Dark by Alexandra Bracken
The Darkest Minds #1.5, 2.5, 3.5

Seeing as The Darkest Minds is my all time favorite series, you wouldn't think that there would be a book that's actually that's still on my TBR, would you? I have read the first two novellas in this series, but I have yet to read the last one! I really need to do that!

Verdict: Keep

Total after last post: 428
Total at start of this post: 434
Total after removals: 429

It would probably feel like I was getting somewhere with this meme if I stopped adding new books to my TBR, huh?

2 comments:

  1. A Madness So Discreet is excellent - I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure that I will because Mindy is such an amazing author!

      Delete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan