Favorite Books of 2019

Thursday, January 2, 2020

Hello lovely people! Today I am sharing my favorite books of 2019! I kept this post fairly brief just because I feel like I have probably already covered all of this in (multiple) previous posts, but I still wanted to do a post about all my favorite books that I read.

If I have a review posted, you will be able to find it by clicking the title of the book.


1. Well Met by Jen DeLuca

This was my first foray into adult romance and I could NOT have picked a better book to start out on! An enemies to lovers romance with a renaissance festival setting? SO GOOD!


2. The Bone Houses by Emily Lloyd-Jones

If you're like me and you're into books about necromancy/reanimated corpses, you might like this. Especially if you're looking for a book where a gravedigger and a mapmaker go on an adventure with an undead goat for a sidekick.


3. A Curse So Dark and Lonely by Brigid Kemmerer

This one is a Beauty and the Beast retelling with a parallel worlds and a main character with cerebral palsy. I was really on the fence about this one before I started it because I really don't like parallel worlds at all, but I ended up really enjoying this one.


4. The Shadowglass by Rin Chupeco

This was SUCH an excellent conclusion to a series that has definitely ended up in my top 3 favorite series of all time. I feel like it has a super satisfying ending to a series that seems to give you JUUUST enough in each book to keep you SO excited to read more, but you don't learn everything until the end of this book. Rin Chupeco is absolutely one of my all time favorite authors after this.


5. The Wicked King by Holly Black

I'm still floored by the fact that I even liked The Cruel Prince, but I also really liked the sequel. I am dying to see what happens after that ending, but I'm scared that I'm gonna hate it based on what I've heard about The Queen of Nothing so far.


6. The Last Life of Prince Alastor by Alexandra Bracken

I just don't think it would be right if I could post a favorite books of the year post that didn't include an Alexandra Bracken book. But true to form, I thoroughly enjoyed the conclusion to her spooky middle grade series and would highly recommend it!

Have you read any of these? What were your favorite books of 2019?

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan