Favorite Books of the Decade

Tuesday, January 7, 2020

Hello everyone! Today I am going to be talking about my favorite books from the last ten years!

I feel like this list was kind of hard to put together. Like there were the few books that I have just been going on about non-stop lately, but like, I didn't have a ton of books that I just wanted to add to this list. I feel like it shouldn't have been this hard! I just scrolled through my "year in review" feature on Goodreads from like 2012 to the present and just added the books that made me happy when I saw the covers.

I tried to make this one another short, sweet, and to the point post and any reviews I have will be linked by clicking on the title.


1. The Orphan Queen by Jodi Meadows

I don't think about this book very often, but when I do, I just remember trying to sob quietly in my bed after I finished The Mirror King so I wouldn't have to explain to my boyfriend why I was sobbing.


2. The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken

Absolutely no one is surprised that this book made it to my favorite books of the decade list. This is my favorite series of all time and I would die for any of the characters.


3. Salt to the Sea by Ruta Sepetys

I enjoyed WWII historical fiction before this, but this book really ignited my love for it. Especially books about the little known events of the time. This book is about the worst maritime disaster in history and I had never heard of it until I picked this book up!


4. The Star-Touched Queen by Roshani Chokshi

This was such a lovely and magical book. And it was also the first ARC I ever received from a publisher, so that was super exciting!


5. Stalking Jack the Ripper by Kerri Maniscalco

I love Audrey Rose and Thomas and their relationship and their banter. They are one of my all time favorite fictional couples. I love how Audrey Rose kinda challenges society's view of her and her interests throughout the series. And I love that this series goes into a little bit of gruesome detail about the murders that take place.


6. The Bone Witch by Rin Chupeco

This series is easily my second favorite of all time. Rin Chupeco is SUCH a good story teller. Oh my goodness, I was absolutely hooked on this story because I had to know everything that happened! I loved the kind of then and now format that the whole series had with the now portion of the books being told through a traveling Bard's point of view and the then portion being Tea's story that she is telling to the Bard. It kept it so interesting. I might have to start pushing this series at people more.


7. Among the Red Stars by Gwen C. Katz

This is another super interesting WWII historical fiction story about something I didn't really know about before! This story follows one of the Russian female pilots during WWII who was in the squadron known as the Night Witches!


8. Well Met by Jen DeLuca

I think I have flailed enough about this in recent posts, so just know that I loved it and that I think you should read it.


9. Delirium by Lauren Oliver

Like I've said before, I was a reader before I read this book, but this was the series that made me an AVID reader. Requiem was the first book I ever preordered. I almost drove to the nearest city to me in the middle of the night after I finished it so that I could buy Pandemonium. I kind of want to do a reread of this series, but I'm scared it won't hold up!

What were your favorite books of the 2010's?


No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan