Least Favorite Books of 2019

Friday, January 3, 2020

Hello lovely people! It's finally time to share our best and worst reads of 2019! I feel like I'm lucky because I didn't really read very many books that I just truly didn't like. I think of the five on this list, only one of them was a book that I actually did not like. Most of these on this list were moreso disappointments for me personally, or books that just simply didn't vibe with me for whatever reason.

Anyway, here are my five least favorite books of 2019! If I happen to have reviews of any of these books, they will be linked if you click on the title.


1. You'd Be Mine by Erin Hahn

2019 is the year that made me realize that books centering strongly on music are probably just not for me. There really wasn't anything wrong with this book, I just personally found it to be rather boring. After a certain point, it started to feel like it was just dragging.


2. Daisy Jones & The Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid

This just feels like a weird list to find this book on. There was SO much hype around this book over the past year! Unfortunately, it didn't live up to that hype for me. I did somehow manage to read this book all in one day, only because I really wanted to know what broke the band up. I thought that the reason would have to be exciting and dramatic, but it was probably one of the most predictable and anticlimactic endings I have ever read.


3. The Black Coats by Colleen Oakes

This is basically a book about feminist vigilante justice. The Black Coats is basically a group consisting of a bunch of girls who are chosen specifically because they have all somehow been affected by some kind of crime. The group basically helps them exact their revenge on the person who wronged them or someone they love in exchange for doling out punishments for other people who have done someone wrong.

I liked the idea, but I didn't like the execution. It felt like it was basically a bunch of adults who beat on high schoolers and called it training so that they could go out and beat on people.


4. Wilder Girls by Rory Power

This is another case of being let down by the hype. And by the gorgeous cover. I really didn't like the writing style in this book and I really didn't like any of the characters. I'm really not even 100% sure why I didn't DNF this one, I just was really not a fan. I think out of all the books on this list, this is probably my least favorite book of the year.


5. The Right Swipe by Alisha Rai

I think that this book was my only DNF in 2019. I think I read 100 pages of it and I just never found anything about it all that interesting. I really didn't like the writing style all that much and I feel like I was never going to really like either of the main characters. It started to feel like a chore to have to pick back up so I just decided not to.

Have you read any of these books? What did you think of them? What were some of your least favorite books of 2019?

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan