The Bookshelf Tag

Friday, September 4, 2015


I saw this tag on The Reading Petal and decided I'd do this. I haven't been tagged and I won't be tagging anyone! Enjoy!

Describe your bookshelf (or wherever it is you keep your books - it doesn't actually have to be a shelf!) and where you got it from:


The first shelf is where I have my hardcovers. I got this shelf from my boyfriend's mom because she bought a new furniture set and my one at home (before I moved to where I live now) was full.

The second shelf is where I have my paperbacks. I bought that shelf from Target because the first one was full, but then I did some books for trade and donated a TON to the library, and moved my picture books/scrapbooks/yearbooks to a different location. And now I most certainly don't need two shelves, but now I have an excuse to buy lots more books!

Do you have a special or different way of organizing your books?

Not really. I guess I just have the series together and then the bottom shelf of each bookcase is adult books. And they're kinda organized by size as well.

What is the thickest/biggest book on your shelf?


And the thinnest?


I got this book in like early high school or middle school out of one of those scholastic book orders that they hand out for you or order books out of. Those were always fun when my dad would let me order some. Honestly though, I don't know why I was buying books of love poetry??

Is there a book from a friend on your shelf?


My sister got this book for me for Christmas last year I think.

Most expensive book?

I don't know. One of them hardcovers.

The last book you read on your shelf?


Zodiac by Romina Russell was the last book I read!

Do you have more than one copy of a book?


I have:
Red Queen in hardcover and ARC form.
Brightly Woven in hardcover, paperback, and ARC form.
The Darkest Minds in hardcover, ARC, and paperback (x2) form.
Never Fade in hardcover, ARC, and paperback form.

My sister and my grandma are borrowing a couple of them so that's why they're not ALL pictured.

Do you have the complete series of any book series?


Here's a few that are pictured.

I have:
Delirium by Lauren Oliver
The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
Divergent by Veronica Roth
Girl of Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson
Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers
The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken
The Maze Runner by James Dashner
Legend by Marie Lu
The Scarlet Wakefield series by Lauren Henderson
Harry Potter by JK Rowling
The Chronicles of Narnia by CS Lewis
The 100 by Kass Morgan

I think that's it...

What is the most recently published book on your shelf?


The oldest book on your shelf:


A book you've won:

I've never won a book before that I can think of.

A book you'd hate to let out of your sight (aka a book you'd never let someone borrow):

I don't really have any friends who borrow my books. I let my sister and my grandma borrow them, but they are good about keeping them fairly perfect looking.

Most beat up book?


I got this book in a class auction my 4th/5th grade teacher held like twice a year where we could buy stuff with points we got for good behavior and stuff. Yeah, I wrote my name on the cover (can't really see it anymore, but I wrote it small above the H in Harry Potter), and decided duct tape would be the best way to fix a split spine or falling off cover or something. Brilliant.

Most pristine book?

Most of them are all pretty equally pristine.

A book from your childhood?

I think that most of my childhood books are back home at my dad's or lost in a storage unit of my mom's.

A book that is not actually your book?


Last time we went to the bookstore, the boyfriend actually bought more books than I did??? He doesn't read?? But he bought this, Moby Dick, and a really elaborately fancy Bible?? He sits down and reads them sometimes too???

A book with a special/different cover (e.g. leather bound, soft fuzzy cover, etc.)?


A book that is your favorite color?


A book that has been on your shelf the longest that you still haven't read?


I got these books from my grandma. She said they were really good. I haven't read them and I've had them on my shelf for several years..... I don't even know what they're about.

Any signed books?


First ever signed book that I ordered from Apollycon or something like that!


I found this one at a Barnes and Noble!


I just ordered this one from Bookitcon!


This one my sister found at Barnes and Noble at the same time as I got Atlantia. She only bought it because it was signed. It's the fifth book in a series. She gave it to me because she's never going to read it!


I got this one in a trade. And it's kinda cool that it's signed to Raquel because in Spanish 1-3 in high school, that was the name I always chose for myself when we had to pick names.

I also ordered a signed:
Queen of Shadows
A Court of Thorns and Roses
Truthwitch
Something Strange and Deadly
A Darkness so Strange and Lovely
Strange and Ever After
Six of Crows
Ice Like Fire

I wish that I lived somewhere that I could get books signed, but alas, no one comes to South Dakota.

I'm not going to tag anyone to do this, but if you have any desire to do it, I would love to see it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan