Top Ten Tuesday (#10)

Tuesday, September 1, 2015


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature created by The Broke and the Bookish!

This week's topic is top ten book characters that you just didn't click with!

And here are the characters that I just couldn't find myself clicking with...


1. Meadow Woodson from The Death Code by Lindsay Cummings
I don't remember feeling like she was so horribly unpleasant in The Murder Complex, but for the entire second book, I just couldn't find a single moment where I actually liked Meadow. I thought that she was incredibly unpleasant to everyone around her and most of those unfortunate people were there to help her save her family so she just needs to frickin chill.


2. Jessamy from Court of Fives by Kate Elliott
I don't think that Jessamy was really that bad of a character. I think that I really could learn to like her, but I felt like she just used Kal. They barely knew each other. They had like, run into each other twice and she's all up in his business, "Hey, you don't really know me, but do this thing for me that could get you, me, and everyone else involved in trouble. You're a lord, you can do whatever, come on you wanna be cool, don't you?"


3. Nesta from A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas
In general, I didn't like any of Feyre's family. But I HATED (I can't put into words how much I hated her honestly) Nesta. In the end, she does redeem herself, but jeez she was unpleasant. She was mean and inconsiderate to Feyre who does all this hard to work to support her dad and two sisters who all seem to think that they're still wealthy and won't lift a hand willingly to do a little work around the house. And then they try to weasel every last cent out of Feyre for things that they truly don't need. And she tried to say she only did it to see if they're dad would lift a finger and try to work. Yeah, well, he probably won't so your plan will backfire. Sit down and shut up and wear your perfectly fine boots and be happy.

4. Rhysand from A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas
The only positive thing that I can say about him is that, if it weren't for him, Feyre probably would have been a goner at some point. But he is just creepy. I don't care what is wrong in your life, you don't do what he did. From his creepy oath to his creepy method of entertaining himself while trying to make Tamlin jealous, everything about him is just icky. Reevaluate your life and your choices.


5. Warner from Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi
I don't remember a whole lot about this series. I only read the first one and Destroy Me and I just couldn't continue on after that. I don't care how much he changed throughout the books, that was a bad relationship right there. That was wrong. He is icky and gross.


6. Tariq from The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh
Okay, I've been looking at this list for two days and am not really coming up with anyone beyond the first five. I don't really dislike Tariq, but I just felt like he was kind of possessive of Shazi. And he went around acting more on what he thought was best and what he wanted for Shazi rather than what Shazi wanted for Shazi and that is why I wanted to kick him in the head for a little bit.


7. Professor Umbridge from Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
I think that this one just goes without saying. She was pretty much a raging witch. With a capital B.


8. Manon from Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas
Okay, I really didn't care for any of the witches in this book at all. I thought they were just kinda awful. Like, I can't even remember anything specific. I'm really just desperate to come up with ten characters. But I really didn't care for her.


9. Amaya from Court of Fives by Kate Elliott
She acted like she was such a princess and the rest of her sisters were just beneath her and got all uppity every time someone else got attention from a man and it was just annoying and I hated her.



10. Paisley from Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi
I'm really just digging for a character at this point, but I really thought that Aria's friend, Paisley, was annoying. She was only in the book for like a chapter and I don't remember why, but I just couldn't stand her.

Who are some characters that you just didn't like?

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan