ARC April, like ARC August is all about YOUR personal goal in regards to YOUR ARCs! This was made as a “low pressure” but maximum benefits kind of challenge and I really want to continue that! The only real rule for ARC April is any books you count towards the challenge MUST be an ARC. It can be an e-ARC or physical ARC. It can have a 2017 release date or an overdue date of 2010! As long as it is an ARC we won’t judge you or take that accomplishment lightly.
Traditionally Shelly and I create a linky and just let you participate until your heart in content and pick a random winner from that initial sign up post. But I want to try something different this year! This year sign ups will close April 15th and there will be NO exceptions made. In addition we are going to implement a point system! Now remember the goal is to make a dent in those ARCs of yours but we understand that a prize is always a helpful way to get a goal accomplished right?! Right! So the point system will go as follows:
1-4 ARCs read for the month = The Bronze Reader Level
5-9 ARCs read for the month = The Silver Reader Level
10-15 ARCs read for the month = The Gold Reader Level
16+ ARCs read for the month = The Diamond Reader Level
Now each tier puts you in a different prize bracket.
Bronze = Shelly & I are headed to BEA this year and I’m sure we could score some pretty cool totes and swag for this tier!
Silver = $10 Bookoutlet gift card. This is open INT!
Gold = $20 TBD gift card This is open INT!
Diamond = 1 ARC signed IF POSSIBLE of your choosing, from Book Expo America 2016. This giveaway is open INT and requires further clarity and details:
1. Authors that require a ticket MAY NOT BE SIGNED. The cost to get a ticket is really expensive and those lines are normally the craziest. We will do everything we can to get you the book of your choice signed but in the event that is not an option please understand we truly did try our best.
2. Once BEA releases the list and schedule of books that will be at BEA we will post said list here. Once a winner is selected THEN, and only then, will they be able to submit their prize request. We all hear rumors of what “might” be at BEA and I don’t want someone getting all worked up and excited about a book just for the publisher to show up and it only be a sample. Cool? Cool.
3. This is open INT. Meaning we will ship it to you no matter where you live. We will supply a tracking number but you must be PATIENT. There’s a 90% chance I won’t be able to ship it until I am back home. I will not ship anything while I am in Chicago since I have no idea if I’ll have the time.
The Introduction post can be found here.
Alright, I'm gonna go big for this. I'm gonna shoot for Diamond Level! That's gonna be rough for several reasons.
1) I don't want to wait til April to read The Star-Touched Queen.
2) Calving is gonna be going in full swing and I'm not sure if I'll be able to get out of all the work!
Anyways, here are the ARCs that I currently have in my possession and will be reading!
1. Whisper to Me - Nick Lake
2. Reflection: The Stranger in the Mirror - Rachel R. Smith
3. The Star-Touched Queen - Roshani Chokshi
4. The Island - S. Usher Evans
5. Girl in the Blue Coat - Monica Hesse
6. Death Sworn - Leah Cypress
7. Saint Anything - Sarah Dessen
8. Wandering Star - Romina Russel
9. Black Dove White Raven - Elizabeth Wein
10. And I Darken - Kiersten White
11. A Mirror Among Shattered Glass - Romarin Demetri
12. A New Hope - Alexandra Bracken
I gotta acquire 4 more ARCs. I can do this!
Are you participating in ARC April?