Hi everyone! Today and tomorrow I will be participating in the Love-A-Thon hosted by Alexa, Cee, Hazel, and Mel! I'm excited to spread the love! First of all, I have for you my answers for the questionnaire provided for this event! So if you've ever had any burning questions about me, maybe you can find the answer here! Or if you want to know something, please feel free to ask in the comments or some other way!
Let's get started!
1. What's your name?
My name is Cyra! It's pronounced Sear-ah! My boyfriend always explains it to people as, "You know, like how you would sear a steak?"
2. Where in the world are you blogging from?
I'm blogging from the middle of nowhere South Dakota. Literally the middle of nowhere. I apparently live in the only place in the 48 continental United States that is more than 100 miles from a McDonald's.
3. How did you get into blogging in the first place?
I got into blogging from the booklr community on tumblr! I wasn't big into it or anything, but I started to visit more regular blogs from there and learning about such awesome books and then I found the twitter community and I decided to start my own blog to be able to talk books with people who would do more than just smile and nod at me!
4. How did you come up with your blog name?
When I decided to finally start my blog, I decided to read a few books and write up reviews of them first so I would have some content to post. And the first book I read after I made that decision was Throne of Glass. I really loved the 'rattle the stars' quote so I just made it bookish!
5. What genre do you read and review the most on your blog?
I like to read fantasy, science fiction, dystopia, etc. Things like that. I prefer to read about other worlds rather than the real one.
6. What other kinds of posts do you do on your blog besides reviews?
Top Ten Tuesday
Waiting on Wednesday - this I do once a month with all the books I want to read coming out the next month.
Stacking the Shelves
Cover Reveals - I've only done one so far, but I liked doing it!
Guest of the Month Club
Whatever sounds like fun, really.
7. Best blogging experience so far?
I have loved my blogging experience so far, but I think one of the coolest things that has happened to me was that another blogger approached me and asked me if I wanted to be featured in her beautiful bloggers feature she did! I loved that!
8. Favorite thing about the blogging community?
Everyone is so friendly and it seems like everyday I learn about a new amazing sounding book that I need to read!
9. Name the 5 books you're most excited for in 2016!
The Beauty of Darkness
The Winner's Kiss
The Mirror King
And I Darken
10. Name the five books you want to get to in 2016 that you didn't get to in previous years!
The Rose Society
Rose Under Fire
A Darker Shade of Magic
11. What's an underrated book or series that you think everyone should read?
I don't really see a lot of people talking about the Shades of London series by Maureen Johnson and I really love that series!
12. Which book boy or girl would be your book BFF?
I want to say Ruby Daly from The Darkest Minds. I think she would be an awesome friend.
13. Which book boy or girl would be your book boyfriend/girlfriend?
14. Who would you recruit for your apocalypse squad (5 characters max)?
Liam Stewart because yum and he has blue powers.
Zu from The Darkest Minds because she has yellow powers and could help out with the problem of no electricity.
Four from Divergent because he's good with a gun.
Katniss Everdeen because she's good at survival.
Hermione Granger because she's wicked smart.
15. Apart from reading, what are your other hobbies or interests?
Binge watching TV shows, playing video games, and photography!
16. Apart from book shopping, what else do you like shopping for?
I like going clothes shopping and shopping for things for my house!
17. At a party, the DJ suddenly changes the song - and it's YOUR song! What song would be playing?
Right now, I'd say Irresistible by Fall Out Boy!
18. Pick either a book you want turned into a movie/TV show or a movie/TV show you want turned into a book.
I want them to hurry up with the movie for The Darkest Minds!! I need it in my life!
19. What would your dream library look like?
The Teen section at Barnes and Noble.
20. Author you want to meet and sit down to tea with?
Alexandra Bracken! I have met her now, which was so cool, but it would be cool to sit down to tea with her! Except it would have to be coffee for me because I do not like tea at all.