NEWTs Magical Readathon TBR

Monday, July 29, 2019

Hello and welcome to my TBR for the Nastily Exhausting Wizarding Tests! This is a readathon for the entire month of August that is hosted by Book Roast from Youtube.

The OWLs were in April and I read all the books I needed to qualify to choose either Magizoologist or Herbologist as a wizarding career. I was waiting for the prompts for this readathon to come out so I could see which one would be easier.

I am going to be qualifying to be a Magizoologist since that's what I am in Wizards Unite and also because Newt Scamander is my favorite wizard and I love him with my whole heart.


To succeed in this readathon, I need to get an O in Care of Magical Creatures and an E in both Herbology and Charms. I want to try to overachieve a LITTLE bit and get Os in all of my classes, though.

Anyway, here is what I tentatively plan to read at this point in time.

Herbology

A - Mandrake! Quick, Put Your Headphones On! Listen to an Audiobook (or Read a Book with a Green Cover).


Girls of Paper and Fire by Natasha Ngan

E - Read a Book Between 350-390 Pages.


The Queen of Blood by Sarah Beth Durst

O - Read a Book with a Flower on the Cover.


Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon

Charms

A - Read a Book That You Think Has a Gorgeous Cover.


The Wicked Deep by Shea Ernshaw

E - Read a Comic / Graphic Novel / Manga (or a Book Under 150 Pages).


Wolf Children: Ame & Yuki by Mamoru Hosoda

O - Spongify (Softening Charm): Read a Paperback Book.


Natalie Tan's Book of Luck and Fortune by Roselle Lim

Care of Magical Creatures

A - Follow the Spiders! Why Couldn't It Be Follow the Butterflies! Book Title That Starts With A, For Aragog!


Alex, Approximately by Jenn Bennett

E - Book Under 300 Pages.


Saga Volume 1 by Brian K. Vaughn

O - Grab Onto Fawkes' Tail! Read a Book with a Bird on the Cover!


Saga Volume 2 by Brian K. Vaughn

So, there you have my tentative August TBR! It is definitely only tentative because even as I was creating this post, two of the books have already changed. I will only be reading the Os for Herbology and Charms if I manage to read all the rest of the other books.

These fun readathons are literally the only things inspiring me to read lately and I am particularly excited about this one!

Are you participating in the NEWTs? What career are you aiming for?










No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan