Top Ten Tuesday // Series I Would Like To Finish

Tuesday, July 30, 2019

For today's Top Ten Tuesday post, the topic is a freebie! I am not feeling particularly adventurous today as to come up with my own original-ish topic so I just did a quick scroll through past topics and picked this one because it is one that I have actually been thinking about lately.

I don't really know why, but ever since I started blogging, I have gotten SO bad about finishing series! I used to always read series back to back (if possible) before blogging! Maybe its because there are just so many books I want to read, there just isn't time to start new series AND finish old ones?

Anyway, the following list is ONLY the series that I found by scrolling through pictures I already had uploaded to Blogger. This doesn't account for any unfinished series I might only have on Goodreads or on my shelf. This is also, obviously, only the series that I have any desire to finish.

All of the following series are also series that I could finish right now if I wanted to because all of the books are out already (or in the case of Nevernight, ALMOST out).

          

1. Reign of the Fallen by Sarah Glenn Marsh

I loved this book? So much? And I loved her other book, Fear the Drowning Deep. So what am I waiting for?

2. Song of the Current by Sarah Tolcser

I also loved this book and I own the second book. What is stopping me? Is the power of the sequel just too much for me at this point?

3. Royal Bastards by Andrew Shvarts

          

4. Frostblood by Elly Blake

5. The Valiant by Lesley Livingston

6. Flame in the Mist by Renèe Ahdieh

          

7. Nevernight by Jay Kristoff

8. The Island by S. Usher Evans

This series is, for the most part, exactly the type of books I have been wanting to read lately? But my aversion to finishing series strikes again.

9. Thrones of Glass by Sarah J. Maas

I'm not so confused about why I haven't finished this one yet. I have become SO disenchanted with SJM's writing (which is sad because these were the first books I reviewed on my blog and also where I came up with the name for my blog). But I have to finish this series because I have already put so much time and energy into it and I also do enjoy some of the characters. I guess I'm just not mentally prepared to put myself through Kingdom of Ash yet.

          

10. Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson

11. Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo

Lately, I keep saying that I am ABSOLUTELY going to finish Crooked Kingdom and VERY soon. And I keep lying to myself and to you.

12. The Young Elites by Marie Lu

So there's that list. And just as a bonus, from my spot on the couch, I can see the following series that I have started and not finished (or read as far as I can in them at least):

Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard
Truthwitch by Susan Dennard
An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir
The Winner's Curse by Marie Rutkoski
To Catch a Killer by Sheryl Scarborough

Those are just the ones that are not hiding behind my sloppy piles of books I'm too lazy to put back in their spots.

Are you good about finishing series? What are some series that you haven't finished, but would like to?

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan