Top Ten Tuesday // Settings I'd Like to See More Of

Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Today's topic for Top Ten Tuesday is one that I don't think I have ever actually given any thought to before. What kind of settings would I like to see more of or at all in books? I feel like the thing that is the most important to me in a book are the characters. I don't care too much about plot (as long as it isn't just bad) and even less about setting. Or at least, that's how I feel right now without ever having given it too much thought. Now this is probably something that will really stick out to me since I have given it the tiniest amount of thought just now, but here we go.

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jana at That Artsy Reader Girl.

After giving this topic a little bit of thought, I have come up with two things. Renaissance Festivals and road trips.

One book that I am excited about for the rest of 2019 is Well Met by Jen DeLuca. It is set at a Ren Fair and that is something that I don't recall ever having seen before, but I think it sounds like so much fun! Maybe this setting stands out to me because I primarily read fantasy books which, depending on the era it's set in, I'm assuming Renaissance Festivals will have some similar elements.


I am saying all of this as someone who has never been to a Ren Fair, but desperately wants to go. There have been a couple times now that I had made plans to go to the one in Shakopee, Minnesota, but they ended up falling through both times. Love that for me. There is supposed to be an unofficial Harry Potter day or weekend this year in September, but I think it will be during when my sister and I are road trippin' to Indiana to see my mom, so I guess I'm not going to that!

And the other setting that I can think of that I would like to see more of is road trips. Here is my obligatory plug of The Darkest Minds, which is a road trip book and my favorite book ever.


I personally love going on road trips. My sister and I try to take a yearly road trip to Indiana to see my mom, which is so much fun. It's about a 12 hour drive from where my sister lives (16 hours from where I live). I look forward to this so much and I love reading about people going on road trips. I don't care where they're going or why they're going, the journey is the fun part for me.

I don't think that I have read very many road trip books, but I think I know of a few. I need to remedy this promptly after giving this topic some thought.

Those are literally the only things that I can think of. Since I mostly read fantasy books, I really just like my settings to not be real places. Fictional kingdoms, pirate ships, I don't care, just as long as it's not a real place on planet earth (and also is not outer space because outer space scares me). I guess more accurately, it can be a real place on planet earth as long as it's not taking place in present day.

I guess today's Top Ten Tuesday is another short one. I feel like all the topics since I started doing these again have been super challenging for me, but it's fun to try and figure these things out.

What are some of your favorite settings or settings that you think need to be featured more often?

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan