Top Ten Tuesday // Auto-Buy Authors

Tuesday, July 16, 2019

     

1. Alexandra Bracken

It should come as absolutely no surprise that Alexandra Bracken is my #1 Auto-Buy Author. I first read The Darkest Minds when I was like.. 22?? I saw it listed on a recommendations list from Epic Reads for books you might like if you like to go on road trips. Wasn't 100% sure about it because I wasn't sure how much I liked the cover, but it sounded good. I ordered the first book, read a bad review, got scared, and then ended up loving it. I have loved everything she has put out so far, but The Darkest Minds series is still my favorite series ever.

     

2. Rin Chupeco

At the time of writing this post, I have only read Rin Chupeco's Bone Witch series, but I would say it is easily my second favorite book series ever! I liked The Bone Witch, LOVED The Heart Forger, and had my life ruined by The Shadowglass. I am currently reading The Girl From the Well (I've read like 2 chapters), but I think it is so interesting that the main character is a thing straight out of a horror movie. I am READY for her two new series that are coming out soon!

     

3. Lauren Oliver

I have always been somewhat of a reader, but Delirium is the book that got me to be an avid reader. I binged this book and finished it at like.. 2 am. It was SO good, I almost drove 20 miles to Walmart in the middle of the night to get Pandemonium because I needed it RIGHT then! I have enjoyed everything else of Lauren's that I have read. I haven't read any of her middle grade stuff, but I have read all of her YA up to Replica. I still have that series to read as well as Broken Things.

Back in 2013, I remember on Twitter there was a contest by Epic Reads (I think??) going on to try to win a package full of Lauren Oliver's favorite things. I don't remember exactly what we were trying to prove, that we were her biggest fans, maybe? This was my entry into the contest:


I kind of retold the story with watching tv vs. reading a book. Since it's kind of hard to read because it's so old and who knows how I even got this version of it, I will explain the different pictures.

1: 2013, a time where people would rather watch a story unfold on a television screen than let it unfold in their minds with a book. Reading is unheard of!

2: Three people laying on the floor watching tv.

3. Me creepin' in the book section of Walmart with a hat and sunglasses on and thinking, "I hope no one catches me reading this!"

4. My little book fort I made to represent the place that Alex and Lena went to be together in the first book. I think it was called 31 or 37 Brooks? Either way, my little sign says 31 (or 37) BOOKS. I used 31 (or 37) books to create this fort. I have a few books that were mentioned in Delirium (Shakespeare, Fairytales, Walt Whitman). I bought new tennis shoes because Lena likes to run and that's what I'm wearing. I have an orange because there was something important in the books that oranges reminded Lena of or something. I don't remember, it's been so long!

5. Me wearing a homemade Invalid (I think that's what it says and that's what they call the people who don't get the cure??) t-shirt with heart eyes, holding Delirium and saying, "This book makes me deliriously happy."

6. My sister wearing an Evil TV cardboard helmet.. thing that I made saying, "What are you doing?! Watch me!" And me saying, "I'd rather die reading a book than live in front of the tv!"

7. Me fake running from Evil TV saying, "We must get to the Wilds!"

8. Me gracefully trying to leap over a fence with my book in a large ziplock bag hanging from my mouth with the Evil TV grabbing it and saying, "MUAHAHAHAHA!"

9. Evil TV holding my book over their head in victory and me basking in my failure saying, "I love you. Remember, they cannot take it."

I got first runner up. I didn't know how Twitter contests like this worked. So I didn't know what to do about winning. I never got my prize.

ALSO, when the Delirium pilot was being considered for TV, I remember a big twitter thing going on with people tweeting support or something?? I tweeted about it. I used a line from the book and said something along the lines of, "'Anything is possible if you can just see the sky.' I can see the sky right now so #Delirium is definitely possible!" And Lauren Oliver retweeted it and it was a big moment for me.


I am glad the Delirium show never made it to tv though. I watched the pilot when they had it on Hulu for awhile and I didn't really like it.

     

4. Leigh Bardugo

I believe I have read everything except Crooked Kingdom and Language of Thorns by Leigh Bardugo and I have thoroughly enjoyed everything from her so far. I am SO excited for Ninth House. I am making more of an effort lately to dabble in adult works, so it makes me excited that one of my auto-buy authors is putting out an adult book.

There isn't a book of hers so far that I would ravenously flail over like the others on this list so far, but I know that I will highly anticipate everything that she puts out!

     

5. Kerri Maniscalco

I think this is going to only be Top Five Wednesday again! I would honestly say that the above four are the only ones that I think would TRULY make the list, but I adore the Stalking Jack the Ripper series and I am so excited to see what comes next from Kerri!

I kind of don't like putting authors on my auto-buy list if I've only read one series from them, I am pretty sure I have done it in the past and have had literally no desire to read other things from said author (so HOW could they be auto-buy?), but I am pretty confident in this addition to the list. I am READY for Capturing the Devil and I am hoping to see more amazing things from Kerri in the future!

Who are some of your auto-buy authors? Do we have any of the same ones?











No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan