December 2015 Wrap Up

Friday, January 1, 2016



This is the second book in the Their Dead Lives series by Zack Scott. This book really impressed me! The first one started to feel like it was dragging because it was so long. This one was probably equally long, but it never felt like it was dragging. And my least favorite character got what was coming to her. YES! If anyone out there reading this is interested in books about the zombie apocalypse, let me know! The author is looking for more people to review the books! I don't think that you'll be making a poor decision by reading them!



Oh. My. God. I was SO pumped to have gotten my hands on this one! I couldn't believe it! It didn't wow me as much as I thought that it would (but it was my #1 most anticipated book of 2016 and I totally hugely hyped it up to myself way more than it was already hyped), but it was still SO ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! The detail and world building was so completely awesome. I am so excited that I get to go meet Alex Bracken in St. Paul at the PassTruth Tour stop! SO EXCITED!!


Review

I FINALLY got this one read! I can't believe it took me so long! I wish I would have gotten to this one sooner! I really enjoyed it! I love me some Nina and Matthias! I can't wait for the sequel to this book to come out!


Review to come

This book was a lot less pirate-y than I was led to believe, but I really enjoyed it! The ending is kind of a brutal cliffhanger and as far as I know there isn't a sequel. Hopefully that changes because mean.


DNF Review

I did not finish this book. I liked the idea of it, it sounds like a fantastic book, but the romance made me cringe and I just didn't want to continue. I might continue at a later time, but not anytime soon.


Review to come

I was super excited about this book. I was even more excited when I scored an ARC! I enjoy reading books about rape culture, and that is what I thought this one would be about, but really, this book supremely disappointed me. It wasn't a HORRIBLE book, but really, it wasn't what I thought it would be at all and I didn't really care for any of the characters except really one. 


I started Arrows in December, but there isn't anyway that I'm going to end up finishing it! I have spent the past week cleaning my house because I'm having company this weekend! So this will end up being my first read of 2016!!

That's what I managed to read this month! I think I could have done better, but this month was also pretty busy! I started watching Game of Thrones! It's SO GOOD!!! I borrowed seasons one and two from a friend. I also borrowed seasons one and two of Arrow, but ugh, I can't even bring myself to watch it because I want it to be more Game of Thrones! I was going to try and borrow more seasons when I went home for Christmas, but I forgot the first two seasons at my house. :( I need more of that even though I'm confident it will just end in heartbreak!

I have totally added the Game of Thrones books to my TBR after watching that!

Christmas was awesome! I was supposed to stay at my house with my boyfriend this year since we spent Christmas with my family last year. But my mom came home for Christmas for the first time since 2006. So on Christmas Eve I got to leave work early and make the four hour drive home to my dad's! I went to my grandma's shortly after I got home and got to see my dad's side of the family and got another one of my grandma's completely random gifts! She got my sister and I each some fancy clothes hangers, one random tupperware container, and a pair of knitted/crocheted slippers. The next day I got to go to my other grandma's house and see my mom and the other side of my family. It was so nice to see everyone.

I got one book for Christmas and it was a Barnes and Noble leather-bound edition of Grimm's Fairytales. Other than that I didn't get any books, but I did get a whole lot of Harry Potter and Yoshi goodies which is just as good! Because I love me some Yoshi! I got Yoshi's Wooly World, a Yoshi pillow pet, and a pink Yoshi amiibo.

Then for New Year's my dad and my sister came to my house to exchange Christmas gifts with my boyfriend since he didn't go home with me for Christmas. Overall, it was pretty much awesome.

***

I'm really excited for 2016. I have already made a post on my personal resolutions for the year, but I didn't even think about making blogging goals until I saw everyone else doing it! So here are a few things that I came up with off the top of my head that I actually want to do blog-wise in 2016.

I think that I am going to do away with Waiting on Wednesday. I saw Nori's poll on twitter and it seemed that most people didn't read them so I guess I could probably come up with something more worthwhile to post. I might not do away with it right away, but eventually I think I'm going to.

I want to post more reviews. I already post reviews for all the books I read. I guess I just need to get reading so I can get those reviews built up and I won't have to worry!

I want to host a blog event. I have an idea for an elaborate read along that I want to do with ways to participate so that people who maybe don't have time in their busy schedules to read the books can still join in the fun. I hope it all works out because it already feels like a lot of work and I'm only thinking about it.

I want to make more blog friends. I feel like I just lurk on twitter and don't really talk to people much. Like even during twitter chats, I half feel like I wait for people to reply to me. But in my own defense, I ALWAYS seem to be doing something else during chats. I'm doing Nori's commenting challenge so I think that that will help out with this goal! 

What are some of your blogging goals for the new year? And what was your favorite book that you read in December? PASSENGER!!! <3


No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan