Stacking the Shelves (#26)

Saturday, January 9, 2016


Stacking the shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews to highlight books received each week!

It feels SO good to be able to put up a Stacking the Shelves post! I haven't gotten ANYTHING for the past three weeks! So so sad, but I'm BACK this week with a few goodies I got! Woo hoo!

During the week of December 2nd - January 8th, I got...

NETGALLEY:


The Steep and Thorny Way by Cat Winters


Into the Dim by Janet B. Taylor

PURCHASE:


I FINALLY got the illustrated copy of Harry Potter! It was a HUGE headache and that headache isn't over yet at this point, but hopefully Amazon makes good on their promise to refund my money to match my Black Friday price I had. At this point, I spent $70 on this book because Amazon said they'd honor my price of $7.84. If not, I'm returning that book so fast, their heads will spin.


Cruel Crown by Victoria Aveyard
Super excited to read these novellas. I bought the first one on my Nook, but I haven't read it yet.

TRADE:


Salt to the Sea by Ruta Sepetys
Thank you @AwayToAGreatRead


Black Dove White Raven by Elizabeth Wein
Thank you @ThePaige_Turner!

What kinds of goodies did you get this week?

4 comments:

  1. Lovely books! I like Cruel Crown's cover. Surprisingly (this is quite possibly a first), I've not read or I'm not interested in any of these! Except *maybe* Cruel Crown, but I'm pretty apathetic towards novellas. I'm kind of perplexed at the moment, usually there is something in your haul that I am familiar with/interested in! O_O Next week you must wow me. ;D I hope you enjoy all of your new books, Cyra!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I can't believe I have a haul that doesn't even excite you! I'm super excited about Salt to the Sea and Illustrated Harry Potter! I really shouldn't get my hopes up too high yet on that one, but I still am excited! Next week hopefully I'll totally wow you! I'll have some good ones for my post next week!

      Delete
  2. I haven't read Red Queen yet but the covers for the series are so cool. I love them. I keep hearing about Salt to the Sea but I don't know much about it. I should probably look it up tonight. Dang. here's to hoping Amazon honors the Black Friday price for the illustrated Harry Potter. It's just a beautiful (and heavy book). I wish I had room for a copy but I don't. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved Red Queen so much! I'm so excited for Glass Sword to come out next month! And Salt to the Sea is gonna be so awesome, I can just tell. I love WWII historical fiction! Amazon better honor that price or I'm not going to seriously consider not ordering from them anymore... I have a Barnes and Noble membership, I can get free express shipping on there! I don't need Amazon. I wish you had room for a copy of HP too! It's SO PRETTY!!

      Delete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan