The Birthstone Book Tag

Sunday, April 24, 2016

I found this tag on Novels and Necklaces and it was created by The Awkward Bookworm!

January - Garnet
Associated with warding off negative forces and dark energies.
Name a book with the darkest/evilest character you can think of.



The first character that comes to mind after reading this question is definitely the Commandant. She is a baaaaad lady.

February - Amethyst
Purple is associated with royalty.
Name a book with regal qualities. You can base this off of characters or choose the king of all books.



In the interest of trying to choose a book that I haven't really featured in a tag before, I'm choosing The Island by S. Usher Evans! One of the main characters is the Prince of Kylae! He's a really awesome dude. He's so optimistic and has a great sense of humor and is just a fantastic character.

March - Aquamarine
Washed out.
Name a 'wishy washy' character. A character who is not strong or a follower.



My first thought on reading this prompt was Kalliarkos from Court of Fives. I don't remember a lot about this book, but I remember one of my problems with this book being the fact that Jessamy constantly was constantly badgering Kal into doing these huge favors for her that only benefitted her. But he did all of them because I think he just wants to please everyone and he wants her to help him run the Fives. Blehhh.

April - Diamond
A diamond in the rough.
Name a book that you loved, but is not well known.



I don't know that this book is necessarily not well known, but I think that EVERYONE should read this book because I loved it so much and therefore, probably not enough people have read it.

May - Emerald
It is said to balance energies.
Name two characters who balance each other well.



I think that I'm gonna go with Queenie and Maddie from Code Name Verity.


June - Pearl
Associated with loyalty.
Name a character who is loyal to the end.



I am choosing Chaol Westfall for this one! I think that he is a very good example of loyal to the end. Especially to his dear friend, Dorian.

July - Ruby
Blood red.
Name a book that made your blood boil, one that made you angry.



This book made me very angry because I knew what was going to happen and I didn't want it to happen! The whole book I was waiting for it. And then it happened. Reflecting back on that now, I think that I didn't even actually dislike the character in question in this book like I did in the first one, but I just didn't want said character around. If that little piece there made any sense at all to anyone.

August - Peridot
Pale green (it pales in comparison to other gems).
Name a supporting character you like better than the main character.


I don't know what to say for this so I'm going to say Liam because he's my most favorite.

September - Sapphire
Blue like the ocean which is calming.
Name a book that had a calming effect on you.


Gonna have to go with Pusheen the Cat on this one because she's so cute and chill, just doing cat stuff.

October - Opal
Iridescent.
Name an iridescent book. This can be a book with a beautiful cover or you can base it on the characters.



I'm not even entirely sure I'm capable of choosing another book with a beautiful cover because this cover is the most beautiful thing to grace the front of a book in EVER!

November - Topaz
Associated with resilience.
Name a book with a character who rises to the top in a time of adversity.

Don't they pretty much all? Would there even be a book if there weren't some kind of time of adversity to rise to the top of?

December - Blue Zircon
Associated with friendship.
Name a book with a friendship you want to be a part of.



Ahhhh, I want to be friends with the Black Betty crew SO BADLY! Because there's Liam who is yum, Zu who is so sweet, Chubs who is just Chubs, and Ruby who is just awesome! I want to be their friend!



4 comments:

  1. Ugh, the Commandant. She was such a bitch. I actually need to reread that book before the next one. I feel like I remember nothing. I was not expecting Pusheen the Cat, lol! I just looked it up on Goodreads and, wow, it has a lot of high ratings! XD

    Sarah @ Kerosene Lit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, she was SO awful! I need to rebuy that book because I traded it for a book I really wanted. Hahahah! I don't remember all that much either I don't think. I'm excited for the second book to come out! Pusheen the Cat was awesome! It's so cute, and it takes like 15 minutes to read. Ha!

      Delete
  2. The Commandant was horrible! I wish horrible things will happen to her. Being in the Black Betty group would a dream come true! Except I'd probably die within a week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope something awful befalls her as well! I probably wouldn't do too hot in the TDM world either, but if Liam is there, I will make the extra effort. ;)

      Delete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan