Top Ten Tuesday (#39)

Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature created by The Broke and the Bookish!

This week's topic is Top Ten Books Every X Lover Should Read!

I really, really can't think of anything in particular that I want to replace X with that I haven't already done before.

But I really like the trope of the lost princess/queen who needs to reclaim her throne so I'm going to list ten books that I think fit in with that that I really liked or want to read.

***POSSIBLE SPOILERS***


1. Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas


2. Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch


3. The Orphan Queen by Jodi Meadows


4. The Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson


5. Cinder by Marissa Meyer

I didn't like this one, but it fits the bill and I was struggling to come up with ten!


6. Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin

I haven't read this one, but I've been watching the show and EFF YEAH DAENARYS TARGARYEN!!


7. The Princess Diaries by Meg Cabot


8. The Queen of the Tearling by Erika Johansen

I haven't read this one and I don't have it yet, but it came up a lot in my google searches for this list so I'm probably gonna have to get it.


9. The Shadow Queen by C.J. Redwine

I have this one and haven't read it yet. While I'm not 100% sure that it fits the theme, the synopsis leads me to believe it probably does.


10. Reign of Shadows by Sophie Jordan

I also have this one and haven't read it yet, but the synopsis says 'lost princess' in it so there's that.

Does anyone else out there like the lost princess trope? Or the queen trying to reclaim their throne? Do you know of any not on this list that I should check out?

4 comments:

  1. Awesome topic choice! You have some amazing books on here. I really need to read ALL of these XD Thanks for sharing ^_^

    Brittany @ Brittany's Book Rambles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I have read most of these and they're pretty good so I suggest you do read them! Super excited to get to the ones that I haven't read yet! I hope someone comments on this post and suggests more because now that I'm thinking about it, I want to read all of them!

      Delete
  2. I loved Queen Of the Tearing, but wasn't so fond of the sequel. Did you read the sequel?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read either of them yet. I put that one on the list because it came up as relevant in my searches of this topic! But now that I see that it fits in with the tropes I like, I am definitely going to pick it up! I have been eyeballing that book for awhile now so I think it's finally time to get it!

      Delete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan